[@@@@@@] Senior Master 90 - 99 %

[@@@@@@] GRAND MASTER 100 % of goal

Melissa Goal 45 so far 3
Samantha Goal 23 so far 8
Knifehand Goal 50
Steve goal 41 so far 6
BrandiJo goal 32
Rainbows goal 20

:partyon: Yeah for Samantha 8 # in about two weeks . How'd you do it?

Peace,
Melissa

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
edit: originally I made up an answer but I felt bad about lying to ya guys.

I just sort of... stopped eating

I know its not healthy I know I know....

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oi, I started out at 165 and now I'm up to 168.5 couldn't have anything to do with lifting weights and eating lots of protien.

Schtankybampo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Don't wanna see this thread die! I actually do have a lot of experience with this. LOL. About two years ago I creaked the scale at 260. Now, I'm not a petite girl by any means, my frame comes from old Viking and Scotch stock, but that was a bit much. I joined Weight Watchers, and slimmed down to about 180, which seemed to be my holding point. That's about when I took up Martial Arts, and I noticed that as my muscles toned, the pounds increased, but the body slimmed. So please, please please don't get too focused on that scale number! While it's a good guide in the beginning, it's very decietful in the end, and can really depress you. Ladies, take your measurements. Use a tailor's tape and measure your arms, thighs, hips, waist, yes, even your bust. You may see that scale creep up, but you'll see those numbers go down.

Samantha, don't stop eating. The reason I gained all of that weight in the first place was from not eating enough. I worked for a hotel, 24/7, and probably never had a square meal in five years. My biggest struggle has always been to take in enough calories to keep up with my activity. :)

I have a personal trainer who has me on a system of supplements and a weight-training regimen. I'm happy to share that with anyone, or even post it here, though I would like to ask his permission before I do that. I feel better at 30+ than I ever did when I was in college! I eat healthy, whole foods, but nothing crazy. My diet is balanced. I train, lift, cardio, bike, etc etc etc, and I can stand here and tell you that it DOES work. I wish it were as easy to take it off as it was to put on, but it's not. Don't give up, any of you!

M

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's great to see people motivated about getting fit. I recently went from 190 to 155 in a little over a month (Dec. 26- Feb. 4). I did it in a not so beneficial way or healthy way, but it worked. They reason I wanted to post is that, now that I am here, I have found that I love to try and maintain my fitness. I have been able to stay under 160 by eating differently, changing my exercise regime and staying motivated. Everyday is rough, but if you keep up your will and use every trick to keep your resolve, you look back at the last day with pride. Good luck everyone.

OP
M

Melissa426

OULobo said:
It's great to see people motivated about getting fit. I recently went from 190 to 155 in a little over a month (Dec. 26- Feb. 4). I did it in a not so beneficial way or healthy way, but it worked. They reason I wanted to post is that, now that I am here, I have found that I love to try and maintain my fitness. I have been able to stay under 160 by eating differently, changing my exercise regime and staying motivated. Everyday is rough, but if you keep up your will and use every trick to keep your resolve, you look back at the last day with pride. Good luck everyone.
Just out of curiousity, would you share how you accomplished this extreme weight loss? If you don't mind my asking.

Thanks,
Melissa

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Melissa426 said:
Just out of curiousity, would you share how you accomplished this extreme weight loss? If you don't mind my asking.

Thanks,
Melissa

I was in a very hard time in life and was experienceing a vast amount of grief. Some of if manifested in not eating, another part manifested in workouts to keep busy. The mixture of the two caused an extreme weight loss, like a crash diet with added loss from extreme workouts. I was able to maintain my health somehow and I am recovering from the problems. Now I watch a lot of what I eat and how much of it, and I am in better shape in terms of physical ability than I have been in years.

OP
M

Melissa426

OULobo said:
I was in a very hard time in life and was experienceing a vast amount of grief. Some of if manifested in not eating, another part manifested in workouts to keep busy. The mixture of the two caused an extreme weight loss, like a crash diet with added loss from extreme workouts. I was able to maintain my health somehow and I am recovering from the problems. Now I watch a lot of what I eat and how much of it, and I am in better shape in terms of physical ability than I have been in years.
Thanks for sharing that. You are right, it's not something I'd want to try.:asian:
God bless, and I hope you can continue your journey to health and well-being.

Peace,
Melissa

OP
A

AnimEdge

um...Did this Die? Cuz i would like to join :p though a month late :p

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll join I'm 212 now and I need to be around 180 sign me up I'll start today already loss 18 lbs over the last 6 weeks.

Latest Discussions