Patience Vs. Efficiency

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is there a reason I should?

Its one of the virtues emphasized in the martial arts, at least that's what I've seen from my own experience and from what lots of people say on these boards.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doesn't seem so, since you're still misusing the terms in the same way you did the other 14.372 times you've started this thread.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

14.372 times? Interesting how you can determine that somebody says something 14 times and then .372 times more. Never heard of how often somebody says something being counted in decimals.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
that is kind of interesting because for me it raises this question. Are we training to the level of the worst in the room. Or the best.

I will add to this my coach has been training seriously for only about five or six years.

He has been training pretty hard for those six years though.

Good for your coach. He's obviously worked really hard and put in some good years. So time and hard work have paid off in his case.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its one of the virtues emphasized in the martial arts, at least that's what I've seen from my own experience and from what lots of people say on these boards.

And are you to determine how virtuous people should be according to a mythical 'martial arts ethos'? I train martial arts to fight, my virtues or otherwise are determined by my beliefs not yours.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Patience is a virtue. But so is zeal.

(no it really is. Look it up)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good for your coach. He's obviously worked really hard and put in some good years. So time and hard work have paid off in his case.

That isn't much time in martial arts length though.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
That isn't much time in martial arts length though.

Its all relative. To somebody just starting out with a few months of experience, five or six years is a long time. For somebody with twenty plus years, its a short time.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Its all relative. To somebody just starting out with a few months of experience, five or six years is a long time. For somebody with twenty plus years, its a short time.

For somebody with a title defence coming up in 8 weeks and mabye the ufc. It is a very short time.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
14.372 times? Interesting how you can determine that somebody says something 14 times and then .372 times more. Never heard of how often somebody says something being counted in decimals.

Take a good look at your keyboard, and notice that "," and "." are right next to each other. I know I'm generally a reasonably accurate typist and I do make it a point to check things like spelling, punctuation, and grammar, but the occasional typo does slip by.

That doesn't change the point of the post, of course.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
that is kind of interesting because for me it raises this question. Are we training to the level of the worst in the room. Or the best.
Practice to be the best you can be. Compare yourself to you not others. Continue to practice and to better yourself. If you become the best in the room then seek out those who are better elsewhere and continue to grow. Return to your roots and help your fellow students to become better.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Practice to be the best you can be. Compare yourself to you not others. Continue to practice and to better yourself. If you become the best in the room then seek out those who are better elsewhere and continue to grow. Return to your roots and help your fellow students to become better.

Doesn't really answer the question.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doesn't really answer the question.
Very much answered the question.
I instruct, train, and have individuals practice differently all depending upon their strengths and weaknesses. The goal is for them to be their best. Training is to the individual yet given to all.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Very much answered the question.
I instruct, train, and have individuals practice differently all depending upon their strengths and weaknesses. The goal is for them to be their best. Training is to the individual yet given to all.

So the best train with the best and the worst train with the worst according to their levels.

It is hard for us because we cant put newbies in with pro fighters at certain points because we would be stretchering that newbie out.

A lot of clubs have fighters training and vegie patches. Ours isn't really big enough. Which is good and bad.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fighter training and practice is not with the regular martial arts students. The training is different, the mindset is different, the practice is different. However, the fighters do attend the group classes when not training for a fight. Beginners are in a separate session than the intermediates and advanced.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score

There is no reason to be patient with your nonsensical posts because according to yourself posting the same crap over and over is something you are indeed doing to "prove your point". Until you cease this exercise in futility there is little we can do to help you find wisdom. Mythical enough for you?

You-must-unlearn-what-you-have-learned..jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Fighter training and practice is not with the regular martial arts students. The training is different, the mindset is different, the practice is different. However, the fighters do attend the group classes when not training for a fight. Beginners are in a separate session than the intermediates and advanced.

Se we have one class. And so train at the level of the best. You don't have to achieve that. But you can if you want. It is kind of an interesting method.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is no reason to be patient with your nonsensical posts because according to yourself posting the same crap over and over is something you are indeed doing to "prove your point". Until you cease this exercise in futility there is little we can do to help you find wisdom. Mythical enough for you?
Ahem. In this thread Im not posting the same stuff. I posted how my views on patience vs efficiency have changed but if you and some of the others don't catch on to what Im saying that's not my problem.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahem. In this thread Im not posting the same stuff. I posted how my views on patience vs efficiency have changed but if you and some of the others don't catch on to what Im saying that's not my problem.

Yeah, yet more of the same and actually that is your problem.

thumb-yoda-learn-from-your-mistakes-you-will-yeesssssss-29831.jpg

Latest Discussions