Passing of Sijo

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear the news. Condolences to his family, and to the many that were touched by his amazing talents :asian:

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rest in Peace Sir.

Adriano Emperado, Founder of Kajukenbo Passes

April 5th, 2009 · No Comments

emper2.gif
Adriano Emperado, most active of the founders of Kajukenbo, and leader of the KSDI, passed away on April 4, 2009. He was a towering influence on the martial arts community, and those of us with roots in Shaolin Kempo and the related arts owe him a great debt, as our systems sprang from students of him, or their students.
He was noted for his tough, no nonsense training, and for combining striking, grabs, takedowns, and finishes with a final goal of effectiveness in mind. He leaves behind a dedicated Ohana, having touched the lives of countless students over the years.

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
RIP Sijo Emperado.

Best wishes to his clan.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
:asian:

Kajukenbo Forever! (something I haven't said since I was a kaju student.)

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Even I heard this on 4/10/09. My condolences to the Kajukenbo community as well. I believe I will seek out some Kajukenbo training this year to get a better idea of the system. Carry on and God bless you all.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kaju being my 1st art, it is true Kaju forever, even though I no longer am. Many blessings to Sijo's family and much respect to the Kaju Ohana.

Attachments

• $smileJap.gif
    787 bytes · Views: 276

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaju being my 1st art, it is true Kaju forever, even though I no longer am. Many blessings to Sijo's family and much respect to the Kaju Ohana.

You may have done plenty of things since you trained Kajukenbo, but once Kaju, always Kaju brother.