Parents Defend Bombers

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...their-kids--can-we-blame-them--205215289.html

You know, when I was growing up, of course, as a child, there were times when I was a naughty boy. Who wasn't as a kid? My parents would always listen to both sides of the story. If I truly was guilty of doing whatever, I'd get a whack on the ***, grounded for a week, etc., but if I was being wrongly accused then of course my parents would come to my defense.

Here, in the Boston bombing case, we clearly have multiple points of evidence, ie: video of the suspects, we have one of the suspects, who admits to the driver of the SUV they carjacked, that they were the ones responsible for the bombing.....and yet we have the parents who seem to be in complete, total denial!

Now, if I'm wrong on something, hey, point it out and if its clear that I was wrong, I have no issue with accepting I was wrong, but for the life of me, I cant understand why these parents think their kids were set up. Seems like the Uncle is the only one with any common sense.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
In the way of an apologist reply, these are people from an area of the world with an entrenched distrust of government (yet conversely with a sense of entitlement), that never assimilated and carrying a boatload of cultural baggage. Disenfranchised, with too much time on their hands, and ripe to get themselves into trouble. I've found that the younger ones assimilate quickly, but the older adults usually have no real desire to change, and issues of control of identity and family structure are commonplace. (Witness the refusal of immigrants to relinquish identity ties by insisting keeping native language skills.) Often, the women take it the hardest, as being unskilled they end up out of the workforce and socially isolated. The men, they are here for the financial opportunities...but don't mind the welfare handout they get for one year as it is 'just like home'.

On the other hand, having worked with East European immigrants, this particular family doesn't seem all that desirable as an addition to the American workforce. They way they are probably looking at it, America failed them, 'the big lie', and will fall back on decades of anti-American rhetoric instead of understanding their part in this radicalization.

Like the uncle said, 'Losers'.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...their-kids--can-we-blame-them--205215289.html

You know, when I was growing up, of course, as a child, there were times when I was a naughty boy. Who wasn't as a kid? My parents would always listen to both sides of the story. If I truly was guilty of doing whatever, I'd get a whack on the ***, grounded for a week, etc., but if I was being wrongly accused then of course my parents would come to my defense.

Here, in the Boston bombing case, we clearly have multiple points of evidence, ie: video of the suspects, we have one of the suspects, who admits to the driver of the SUV they carjacked, that they were the ones responsible for the bombing.....and yet we have the parents who seem to be in complete, total denial!

Now, if I'm wrong on something, hey, point it out and if its clear that I was wrong, I have no issue with accepting I was wrong, but for the life of me, I cant understand why these parents think their kids were set up. Seems like the Uncle is the only one with any common sense.

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There was an article about the daughter of a serial killer, how she had to learn to cope with her father's deeds....interesting in this context.

However, the parents do sound clueless (at best) and somewhere there is really no huge mystery where at least the older one has picked up his tendencies.

but hey, let's not blame it on 'cultural differences' either: there are enough parents out there who do not believe their kids can do wrong, even with video evidence to the contrary!

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/201...lers-there-are-wounds-you-can-never-heal?lite

Last edited:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think its more denial and shock. You got media shoving recorders in there faces a day after one sons killed another is in jail and they are accused of being terrorists. You don't want to believe that can even be possible. I know I read the kids lied for years about whatbtheybwere really doing the parents thought the one kid was in like med school or something

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The older one sounds like a real piece of work. Knocks up some weak-minded girl, abusive, living off of welfare, and then 'babysitting' while his wife supported them all working 70-80 hours. Lied all the way up to the end, on the phone to mama basically saying he wasn't doing anything.

Controlling, manipulative, abusive, anti-social liar. Had to have someone to believe in his lie...and he cultivated mommy. If they DO pin the murders of his fellow wrestlers on him it's certainly going to show a pathology she won't be able to accept.

aaradia

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think its more denial and shock. You got media shoving recorders in there faces a day after one sons killed another is in jail and they are accused of being terrorists. You don't want to believe that can even be possible. I know I read the kids lied for years about whatbtheybwere really doing the parents thought the one kid was in like med school or something

Exactly. I am curious if they will still have the same mindset in a few months when the shock was worn off.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am inclined to consider the father and his ex-wife as probably reacting differently. Considering the mother has her own set of issues, like a warrent out for skipping court (leaving the country) for theft, and wanting her remaining son back, I am betting her mindset will not change - as she is investing in a story of 'innocence'.

Exactly. I am curious if they will still have the same mindset in a few months when the shock was worn off.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
May be the parents just read how 9/11 was conducted by the US Government and thought this was the same. Or, they could have been interviewed by Beck, or one of his mates. Conspiracy theory gives them that tiny thread of hope that it really wasn't true. Or, as is 99.99% likely, they just can't believe it of their children. :asian:

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would defend my kids no matter what. But it's such a unique situation, I really don't know how I'd react.

But it's definitely not a surprise, sometimes family always comes first. Maybe over time.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Denial? No.

Mommy dearest is a fugitive from justice. She used to live in Cambridge. She was arrested stealing $1600 worth of merchandise from the Lord and Taylor at the Natick Mall, then skipped out of the country before she was to answer to the charges.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denial? No.

Mommy dearest is a fugitive from justice. She used to live in Cambridge. She was arrested stealing $1600 worth of merchandise from the Lord and Taylor at the Natick Mall, then skipped out of the country before she was to answer to the charges.

How did they afford to stay in Cambridge and study.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The parents and neighbors ALWAYS say "He was such a nice normal guy"
No one ever says "That guy was a dick, I knew he'd do something like this"
Why? Because everyone wants to be seen as a nice person.
As for me, F nice, I'm an honest person

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have to agree, I don't know when I have ever heard a bad comment after something like this. I think since they posted a picture of a kid for an ID, people found it harder to see a potential suspect in a bombing.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh well, some people just do seem nice. Or our favorite serial killers would not get past the first kill.
Ted Bundy comes to mind...handsome, charming lad, no?

But - at least for the younger one - you don't want to think that the pretty face is evil....

BTW, i don't believe the 'he was a dick' story 100% either. the truth is somewhere in between. After all, nothing humans do is 100%...

aaradia

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Hmmm, sometimes but not always true. The btk serial killer was described by some as a guy with control issues who creeped people out.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/0...ghbors-describe-man-accused-being-btk-killer/

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7036219/n.../t/neighbors-paint-mixed-picture-btk-suspect/

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you make of this?

Don't want to jump to conclusions, but is weird none the less. And matches what the father said about his being alive and naked. Although, it could easily have been a near by drunk for all we know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno. Channel 7's cam (which of course was carried by CNN and who knows how many other news channels) was showing Naked Guy surrounded by officers at gunpoint and speculating that it was the suspect. A friend of mine in Texas was watching and was insisting to me on Facebook that it was him...even though I had heard at least twice over a BAPERN radio channel that he wasn't the guy. They said he may be a person of interest, but he wasn't the suspect. I wasn't watching TV when I was listening, but apparently the visuals of manpower involved had a lot of people thinking he was the suspect.

Wasn't long after that was shown that MSP was saying he was a guy that...didn't get out of the way. That never, ever happens in Boston...

Last edited:

Latest Discussions