Only clip allowed up

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is a small sample of one of our WTF competitors that he allowed to be posted. He says it gives away nothing. I say it shows his speed at least.

This is a feather weight vs. a heavy weight and the heavy weight was hurt by the feather weights kicks. I am behind the camera. This same feather weight broke my arm (I am also heavy weight but can get down to walter) during a sparring session.

[yt]55RQsSZgbS8[/yt]

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess I do not undestand what can be giving away? At aany tourna,ment he could be video taped, nice clip by the way. The turnout after the miss kck was smooth and fastwhich allows him to recover. I guess so many people believe they have the end to all with training and movement. thanks for sharing.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
ah, tourney sparring....

Did I see him steady himself reaching for his opponent's Hogu? Followed by a nice kick to the nogging...

I would certainly be nice to see him when his opponent actually challenges him.

(and in 15 seconds there is a lot to be seen)

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
His kicks are so hard. He will be at the US Open this year. So far every year a major tourny comes up he gets hurt before the tournament. Broke his foot right before Nationals last year. 2 years ago blew out his knee before Nationals. Just been having a run of bad luck.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
At aany tourna,ment he could be video taped, nice clip by the way.
Yes I said the same thing but I have never seen any of his fights on YT, none. I am sure people tape him as I am sure they have themselves taped when they fight him. But never any posted. I guess when you lose pretty badly or get KO'd you dont put them up. He has faught Mark Lopez, Steven Lim, James Howe, and many others and beaten them all. Just seems to never make it to a major event due to injury. Not sure if you know Tyler Sawyer on the US Nationl team also, but Tyler got destroy by him this past June at the Stanford Open. I just hope he holds up for the US Open this year.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes I said the same thing but I have never seen any of his fights on YT, none. I am sure people tape him as I am sure they have themselves taped when they fight him. But never any posted. I guess when you lose pretty badly or get KO'd you dont put them up. He has faught Mark Lopez, Steven Lim, James Howe, and many others and beaten them all. Just seems to never make it to a major event due to injury. Not sure if you know Tyler Sawyer on the US Nationl team also, but Tyler got destroy by him this past June at the Stanford Open. I just hope he holds up for the US Open this year.

Yes I know all of them, also TCBell beat Mark and Steven, by the way TC will be in Vegas on the 14th and also at the US Open. Will Suh be at the Vegas little get together?

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Will Suh be at the Vegas little get together?
No. I told him about it but he did not have time in his scheduel. He is in Vegas right now at some TKD conference, and will be in LA next week for something else.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
He has 4 videos on his facebook page. 2 videos in training like this one. 1 from the Stanford Spring Open and 1 having some fun with "creative poomse".

So he is not that adverse to videos of himself being posted online.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
He has 4 videos on his facebook page. 2 videos in training like this one. 1 from the Stanford Spring Open and 1 having some fun with "creative poomse".

So he is not that adverse to videos of himself being posted online.
Yes he put the 2 training ones up for the guy he was training (the guy other guy in the vid with him). The one he labled poomsae is him and his friends fooling around. The one from the spring open was put up as requested by some others at our Medford Oregon dojang. They don't get to see him compete being in another state, so he put up a lopsided match for them to see. He will allow some stuff up but he OK's them first. What you see is all that can be found. If you can find more let me know. I have a lot of stuff from 2 year till now (I take most of them myself) but I have never found anything from before that. He has showed some during classes but that is it.

Last edited:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
no reason at all. since the sport version of TKD is so radically different than real TKD, there is barely anything in that clip that I even recognize.....

BUT

if that person broke your arm? you need to drink more milk, cuz those kicks are not that hard. He is very fast, which is important tot he sport, but he has no power, at least not in that clip.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
An impressive clip. I am no fan of WTF competitions, especially at the Olympic level, but if there were more competitors who fought like he did in that clip it would certainly be a more exciting game to watch.

I hope he does well at the next competition you were talking about.

Pax,

Chris

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
no reason at all. since the sport version of TKD is so radically different than real TKD, there is barely anything in that clip that I even recognize.....

BUT

if that person broke your arm? you need to drink more milk, cuz those kicks are not that hard. He is very fast, which is important tot he sport, but he has no power, at least not in that clip.

Why don't you come to the Two Dragons fight Off on Saturday in Las Vegas based on your comments you are a TKD expert and could teach us all a thing or two. I am looking forward to the day when I can see you in action! We are all ready to learn!

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No. I told him about it but he did not have time in his scheduel. He is in Vegas right now at some TKD conference, and will be in LA next week for something else.

You should have told me he was at the Martial Arts Expo. I would have liked to met Master Suh...My kids did the Demo for the KP & P Electronic Hogu (EBP). To bad that he could not come to Vegas on the 14th he would have had allot of good fights.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes I know all of them, also TCBell beat Mark and Steven, by the way TC will be in Vegas on the 14th and also at the US Open. Will Suh be at the Vegas little get together?

Very glad to her that TC will be coming to Las Vegas...We have allot of fighters for him...It will be fun to watch him and Vlad Mix it up!!!!

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
The problem is that this has to be viewed in context. For the sport, its FANTASTIC!
For Martial Arts its CRAP. Not fair to combine the two. Wether TF is good or not anyone looking at it from a fighting point of view sees a heavier person with hands down : ( doing the opposite of a real fighter, backing up and getting hit versus hands up and charging. Not really trying at all in my opinion.
The truth is fast or not he would get smashed back by a guy that size. He is off his weight most of the time.
By the way in combative TKD your arm would not get broken because you would block with a conditioned leg. If you did use your arm it would be a block that was attacking at the joint or deflecting. You dont just drop your arm to get whacked??

In our world of TKD sport he is lightning fast and will win many medals.

Its silly to invite a non sport Martial Artist to this kind of event. They will lose. Sadly most times though the sport guy may get hurt. Thats just the honest truth.

Dave O.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just to be fair in summary. We have no idea how the sport guy would fight since he is doing sport. So we should only evaluate it as sport. He may be the baddest MA fighter as well.
The real point is I and no one else should mix the two.

Dave O.

Latest Discussions