introduction

Banjarian

White Belt
Reaction score
hello everyone! i registered last week but didn't say anything to all of you. I am training in silat but used to trained in Taekwando when I was younger. Now i am looking into an art that is softer in its appproach as compared to the hard training i used to get into in TKD. The aches and strains of your age catching up to you is mainly the reason behind it.

Too much hard training can do damage to your body when you get older. somebody mentioned to me. Punching heavy bags, weight training, sparring, etc can affect you when you reach old age. Think of the injuries suffered by Mohamad Ali, our famous boxer, at his age now, he has arthritis or something. what about injuries to the head, back, waist, knees and other joints.

I am looking up to all our old gurus or masters who practice their arts "softly" as they age. They are still fit in their 70's and 80's. What are their secrets to good health? Tell me what you think?

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Banjarian,

Welcome to Martial Talk.

If you get a chance check out Danny Inosanto. He's over 70 and in great shape.

Are you studying Silat Cekak for self defense or exercise maybe both?

I find Silat to be a very challenging and fun art to study.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Windsinger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome. I've been on this board for a day or so, and already it puts a smile on my face to see it grow a little. :) As you'll quickly find, it's a great community here.

Latest Discussions