only 22 years late

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Yes many things in America is own by foreign countries....We are the only country in the world that allow everyone to buy our business, and all the land they can afford to own.

On top of that we give millions of dollars to those countries in aids, to everyone who ask?

but for the American people..? Where is the money for us?

One day it will be too late to stop the trends of foreign own business buying up Ameican business.....they will have the controls to run it there way? hire who they want...Americans maybe out of work here? ...lucky our Uncle Sam even helps them(foreigners) out with military protection, with our young American men/women.....giving their lives to protect them.

OP
B

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
RoninPimp said:
-I've never "feared" a corporation...

me neither. but i can see a day not too far off when we should probably start.

corporations may soon be as powerful as our government. (many are already far more powerful than the governments of most developing nations). at that point, they'll be way scarier than the government.

RoninPimp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
me neither. but i can see a day not too far off when we should probably start.

corporations may soon be as powerful as our government. (many are already far more powerful than the governments of most developing nations). at that point, they'll be way scarier than the government.
-I don't think a modern government will ever allow a corporation to be more powerful than it. The government has the guns and tanks.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Considering the power of lobbyists in the US, I fear we've already crossed that line. Drugs and additives are put on the market without proper testing after favors are pulled, Development Deals and tax breaks are tacked onto laws being passed after contributions are made, etc. Martha Stewart went to jail, but how many S&L, Enron or Worldcom execs did? The crazy pricing of gas is constantly "investigated" but no wrongdoing is ever found...investigated by the same people who get substantial contributions from the oil and gas lobbys. How much money has Bush, Cheney, Rice and Rumsfield made from their investments and connections with companies involved in the reconstruction of Iraq?

A modern government today is supported by the donations of it's corporate sponsors.

All over the world, the privacy of the average citizen is decreasing. More and more cameras are being installed. Several communities have installed 'face recognition software' despite incredible bugs and low accuracy. Borders are closing, and more and more 'paperwork' is required to cross once free borders. Bills have been discovered hidden in laws that would have greatly increased who can see your private information such as tax data. Already, credit histories and medical records are being accessed by employers and insurers to determine your hireability, employability or insurability. In the US, landlords demand your SSN# despite having no legal right to it, and are allowed to not rent to you if you fail to provide them with that which they have no right. The President of the United States, sworn to defend the US Constitution and the freedoms which it guarantees it's citizens has signed into law numerous privacy eroding acts, as well as complained that the government spying on it's own citizens was acceptable and that the Constitution was only in the way.

When those you trust to do what they have sworn to do fail, what recourse does the average citizen have? After all, long gone are the days when a small militia could be raised, forged into a fieldable army and used to topple a totalitarian regime in this nation. 200 guys with Walmart specials ain't going to last long against even a 6 man army fire team. The army guys just have better toys....and a shot gun vs an Abrams just isn't a fair fight. Just ask about 10,000 dead combatants in Iraq. It's not likely we can vote the sobs out, especially when we allow electronic 'no accountability' voting machines such as the easily hacked and extremely buggy Diabold "we're happy to award this election to Pres. Bush" (quote of Diabold principle prior to 2004 election) voting machines.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RoninPimp said:
-I don't think a modern government will ever allow a corporation to be more powerful than it. The government has the guns and tanks.

You have seriously underestimated the power of the Lobbyist and the $.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well said brother Bob! :)

Bob Hubbard said:
After all, long gone are the days when a small militia could be raised, forged into a fieldable army and used to topple a totalitarian regime in this nation. 200 guys with Walmart specials ain't going to last long against even a 6 man army fire team. The army guys just have better toys....and a shot gun vs an Abrams just isn't a fair fight.
That reminds me of something...

It seemed to me that back in the early 90s the government was extremely paranoid that the "right wing extremists" were going to start an armed rebellion. Then about that time, the Oklahoma City bombing happened and that is when the label "right wing extremist" kind of made the news. Things seemed to simmer down afterwards. However, back during that time I understood that some of the military had been questioned whether they would fire upon their own citizens if they were ordered to and I believe it was reported that 72% answered they would NOT fire upon their own people. I believe this speaks volumes regarding the use of force upon the American citizens by the U.S. Government. I believe the approach has been abandoned for something more reticent and indirect.

Latest Discussions