On Getting a new server….

Should MT get new hosting?

• Yes - Lets raise $30k so Bob can make MT the biggest and best!

• Yes - Lets get out own box. $4,000 isn't that much to raise.

• Yes - Lets rent $1,200 is easier to raise

• No - Lets keep it small

• No way I'm paying for anything.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaith,

I have thought it over and if both of them are still available I will commit to both Arnis and Kenpo.

Regards, Gary

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Both are.
Email your billing address, banner and where you want it linked to to : [email protected] and I'll email (and snailmail) the invoice.

Thank you! :D

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaith,

OK! Done deal, I have sent you my mailing address. You are welcome.

Thank you,

Regards, Gary

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
UPDATE: 8-31-04

Rcvd Supporting Memberships/Donations/Sponsorships/Advertizing/Tee Shirt Orders: $966
Non-Rcvd New Funding: $420
Non-Rcvd Old Funding: $230
----
Pending Total to Date: $1616

Congratulations Folks. Y'all funded MT for the next couple of months and "dun gots us a ser-var!" :D

While all the cash isn't in yet (Some of the invoices for services just went out today), we had enough come in for me to take the plunge and get things rolling. Setup progresses. I've moved a few small sites to the server to test it out and work out the kinks in the process. So far, there have been a few snags but the support team at the new datacenter is simply awsome. I couldn't be happier. (Well, thats not true..I keep hoping for that $50,000 pay day, or Kelly Hu to knock on my door, but still, in geek terms I'm happy.) :D

More info as we get closer to the move. :)

Thank you all again for helping support MartialTalk. We've got more good things planned for the future! :)

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Kaith, You have earned it. You took this site from a handful of members to the home of thousands of Martial Artists.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just a reminder that we're still waiting on several of those who took out forum sponsorships and school page adverts to send in their payments.

We've had a good number of supporting memberships come in which has helped incredibly.

I want to thank everyone again for making this possible. :)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've heard from all but 2 folks, so it's definately looking good.

A few notes:
The good folks at KarateDepot.com have renewed their sponsorship of MT, so please, check out their link at the top of the site. They have some great stuff over there. :)

I want to publically thank GAB. He took the last of the original blue MT shirts off my hands. I took the box to the PO this afternoon, so they're on their way! :)

We will be reactivating the ChatRoom next week if everything goes as planned. This is a much slicker system than the last one, no special software needed on your end other than a modern web browser (IE 6+, NS7+, Mozilla, FireFox) with the Flash plug in enabled.

Several other features are currently being discussed both in the staff forums, and the supporting members lounge.

For the gamers, I have more games to add to the arcade, and have reopened Legend of the Green Dragon to the public. I'll also be adding in a few other 'entertainment/diversions' down the line. The arcade is for supporting members only, but LOGD and a few others will be open to everyone. (Look in the Locker Room for the link)

More good stuff is in the works, so please, consider becoming a supporting member. Lots of perks, and it's only $1 a month!

Thank you again everyone! :)

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to see everything worked out great. Congrats Kaith, you keep bringing us more and more quality, it is easy to see why Martial Talk is one of the premier sites on the web.

F

fist of fury

You say that now let's see what happens next month. :2xBird2:

They need a butt kissing smiley here

Rob Broad said:
Glad to see everything worked out great. Congrats Kaith, you keep bringing us more and more quality, it is easy to see why Martial Talk is one of the premier sites on the web.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sometimes, it should be said, no matter how it looks. If we all supported Kaith, as a "supporting member", $1.00 a month, he would be able to solve some of the problems he is now facing with a "rented" server. Come on everybody, that's two or three soda's worth a month. I pay a heck of alot more for my rag of a newspaper that had zilch in it for news. Put your money where your heart is. TW

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Short update on the financials..

I've just processed the non-payments for the last 2 months. End result is that I've removed 2 forum sponsors, and 2 school listings for non-payment of fees...about $250 in all. That means 2 things.

1- We're short cash that we'd expected.

2- We now have 2 more forums available for sponsorship for those who want them.

There are 2 other individuals who have contacted me and indicated they are undergoing some financial difficulty and will be delayed in getting their promised monies in.

Latest Discussions