Northern Mantis Styles

OP
7starmantis

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool, did you guys do any "sparring" or fighting in class or out of class?

7sm

Guliufa

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow, sorry, somehow I just missed posting to this thread again. Lets see....

I think there are about 9, but some are questionable. I've never heard of anyone practicing some of these, so take it for what its worth. I just googled for a list of the styles, so again.....

7 Star
Plum Blossom
Six Harmony
Closed Door
Jade Ring
8 Step
Wah Lum
Tai Chi
Southern Mantis (although arguably not related to other mantis systems)

I've never known of anyone who practices Jade Ring, or six harmony.

7sm

I really like the Liuhe(Six Harmony) Tanglang. I believe Mike Martello(RIP) learned it but don't know if he taught it.

I have seen video of Master Zhang Dao Jin and think he is great. I have seen others but Master Zhang is the one the inpresses me most.

Very Hsing I-ish. I find it weird that some of the forms don't end where they begin but that's just a matter of me being conditioned by Okinawan arts and Hsing I in terms of going back to where I begin my forms.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Really like this thread and others, not my lineage but interesting to research bits and pieces.

My father tells me that I am a good-hearted person, but it is my temper that ruins me. Can anyone suggest how I can train to calm my temper and nurture my good-heart ? thanks

I can help in this department through past experience ....but don't think he posts here anymore, may be wrong.

Latest Discussions