Feuds

dmax999

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was curious about fueds in CMA. It seems that every school / style has a feud with another one. My old Wing Chun teacher ended up in a feud with his original school. My current Eagle Claw line has a disagreement with another Eagle Claw school. My last CMA teacher skipped town on everyone with no notice, making his teacher and all of his students turn on him. Not to mention how different Tai-Chi schools think each other is not worth anything.

It just seems that everyone has a bone to pick with everyone else, and most of it is meaningless and total BS. Do you other CMA students see the same kinds of things in the schools you are at? Or have I just been extremely lucky to have seen so much.

In addition is this a CMA thing only, or do all MAs do this. (I already know BJJ takes fueds to a new level so they don't count)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is not only a CMA thing. as I have seen it in other styles.
It seems to happen alot in CMA for many reasons, some of which seem petty to those not in the schools involved, but verry real and good reasons to those in the schools.
I think it happened much more in years past with blood being shed more often.

S

Silo-Fu Kung-Fu

Personnaly i dont care what your learning as long as you enjoy it. Every style has somthing to offer.

Therefor I do not subscribe to this idea that one school is better then another.

I hate BS politics, if theres somone that does not like what im teaching then thats there business I have more important things to worry about.

I encourage my students to accept that there are many interesting styles out there and they should keep an open mind.

Latest Discussions