Nipple Rings Cause Airport Security Issue

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A ceramic blade doesn't set off the detector either and can do enormous damage. I've heard a little about the x-ray scatter devices but not much. I'm curious as to whether there will be the same detrimental effects of these as with the type of x-ray machine they have at the hospital.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's true, Ping and it may be also that my flesh acts to 'mask' a little of the signal but given that the trials I was on were of a sensitive nature and the detectors there were flanked by flak jacketed police with MP5's (something we do not usually see in this country) I would imagine their detector was fairly sensitive.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the trials I was on were of a sensitive nature and the detectors there were flanked by flak jacketed police with MP5's (something we do not usually see in this country) I would imagine their detector was fairly sensitive.

wow

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sukerkin, a metal detector (in a very simplified way) works by moving a conductor through a magnetic field. This induces a current which can be detected. The people you see waving them around on the beach find coins by just that mechanism. We have not had steel coins in the US since the Second World War.

Some are designed to pick up only ferrous metals. Most are not. The details of the TSA's metal detectors are probably confidential.

There has been some work recently in backscatter x-rays and microwave technologies that would detect any hard object. I don't think they're ready for prime time. Look for them soon to airports, tube stations, schools and all public buildings.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
having to go through metal detectors is better than not

from a security point of view.

that cant really be debated

Well, as Bob said, I'm not debating that. I'm debating the method that the people used. By all means, if something sets off the bells and whistles, certainly act on it. But, act on it in a professional manner. :)

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, as Bob said, I'm not debating that. I'm debating the method that the people used. By all means, if something sets off the bells and whistles, certainly act on it. But, act on it in a professional manner. :)

absolutely

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
<ADMIN NOTE: SOME LINKS NOT SAFE FOR WORK>

Maybe we can train future TSA screeners?

This is NOT a weapon.
http://www.ringsofdesire.com/images/piercing/gallery/nipple/nipple_dia_fem_lg.jpg

This IS a weapon.
http://www.debreuil.com/sky2005/Downloads/Pictures/Gun.png

This is NOT weapon
http://www.pointedimage.com/site_co...ges/piercing-image-gallery/Nipple/Nipple3.jpg

This IS a weapon
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/M-67Grenade.jpg/371px-M-67Grenade.jpg

Now, both of the last 2 have a ring involved, so I can see how someone with a 2 IQ might confuse the 2. Now, if that is the case, maybe we need to put people who are at least as competent as the teen loser spitting in your food at the burger joint in uniform. They at least can tell the difference between bombs and boobs.

If you are still confused on which is the bad one, please ask the President. The one he is afraid of is the boobie. That one does not go Ka'Boom.
Unless it's Pam Anderson's.

Latest Discussions