NINJA movie trailer

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ninja Assassin does look cool, but it has a few drawbacks in my book, it has a budget and The Watchowski brothers are producing. As far as I'm concerned, it's not a real ninja movie unless the budget is cheap as all hell and they can't afford real special effects (like American Ninja, one of the greatest ever!) and they can't have real blockbuster level producers.

They are also using Rain as the ninja. I dont' have a problem with him though his only work I know is in Speed Racer I know he's like Korea's Justin Timberlake and teh choreography is done by the guy who did the fights in the Matrix movies.

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah american ninja was the shizzzznit man those were those good old early vhs days

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
A ninja movie in my book has to be dirt cheap, have bad acting and sometimes for no reason the camera is not even focused on the action. The good old days of VHS ninja movies.

Shinobi Teikiatsu

Green Belt
Reaction score
The fighting in Ninja looks a bit more realistic than in Ninja Assassin, but both films like they'd be a fun watch.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If the ninja of old had only chosen pink to wear, the world would have been spared a lot of teenage ninja wannabes.
:boing2:

I know it's not really the point of an action flick, but does it have any kind of a plot? The only hint in the trailer was that "bodies are piling up!!" Maybe it's a chick thing, but I like my movies to have plots. Unless they're obscure art flicks, in which case plots are taboo.

[yt]PirH8PADDgQ[/yt]

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh I hate art house movies with a burning passion. I once dated a girl studying film at NYU and she was this huge film snob. Turns out all she knew was crap, didn't know many noted directors or the styles they were known for, didn't know about the process of film making, didn't know how to sell a movie to an audience. I'm affraid most film students get caught up in the "art" side and forget film is about entertainment and selling a product while implementing your artistic vision. They seem to think if a film is a sucess it automatically removes it from the realm of art.

Funny thing is, I showed her one of the most commercial films from one of the most commerical directors ever, Bad Boys 2 by Michael Bay and it blew her away. Because he's a master of cinematography, lighting, editing and he frames shots really well like John Ford. Sure made her think twice about her ideas abotu what is sucessfull art.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
They seem to think if a film is a success it automatically removes it from the realm of art.
That attitude is pretty deeply ingrained in every artistic medium. It's a shame, because it stops a lot of people from enjoying good stuff. I think it prevents some great artists from breaking through into the mainstream too, because they don't want to come across as sellouts.

I love snobby art movies, but I'm more eclectic than that. I'm a big Troma fan too. I won't post the trailer here because, honestly, it's too stupid. But the movie is hysterically funny and has lots of boobies. What more could anyone want?

I don't know if Troma has any MA movies, but if they did I'd watch them.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
A ninja movie in my book has to be dirt cheap, have bad acting and sometimes for no reason the camera is not even focused on the action. The good old days of VHS ninja movies.

True, that.....Ninja Assassin seems more like a big-budget Ninja movie tribute.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
:boing2:

I know it's not really the point of an action flick, but does it have any kind of a plot? The only hint in the trailer was that "bodies are piling up!!" Maybe it's a chick thing, but I like my movies to have plots. Unless they're obscure art flicks, in which case plots are taboo.

[yt]PirH8PADDgQ[/yt]

Plot? What the hell is that? There are two kinds of movies ruined by an attempt at a plot.....Ninja movies are one of them......i'll leave the other for another discussion. :boing2:

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
That attitude is pretty deeply ingrained in every artistic medium. It's a shame, because it stops a lot of people from enjoying good stuff. I think it prevents some great artists from breaking through into the mainstream too, because they don't want to come across as sellouts.

I love snobby art movies, but I'm more eclectic than that. I'm a big Troma fan too. I won't post the trailer here because, honestly, it's too stupid. But the movie is hysterically funny and has lots of boobies. What more could anyone want?

I don't know if Troma has any MA movies, but if they did I'd watch them.

Troma :) 'Surf Nazis Must DIE!' A true classic......

Last edited by a moderator:

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
This seems to combine the best of both worlds -

[yt]xyPrJb1_IdI&feature[/yt]

Now if I could only remember this movie's title ... what was it called again?

Cette Hamster La

White Belt
Reaction score

Hmm I'm curious if that bit with the breaking of arms using a crutch is taken as reference to something in particular. I've seen it used once before in an episode of Angel oddly enough also in a subway car and that's a show that wasn't shy about a good wink to other media as well.

On an unrelated note I think Sargent Kabukiman NYPD is probably the closest Troma's done to a ninja movie. Though give em time they'll get there.

Latest Discussions