What is your New Years' resolution?

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have several. One is practicing martial arts moves I do know more minutes every day. Another is to find a good school in the Dover, Delaware area to get back into training formally in a school after a few years lay off. If any of you have any schools you can refer me to please let me know, I'm into realistic self defense training. Another would be to lose some weight, which would help me with my diabetes amongst other things, formal martial arts training would help. What is your New Years' resolution?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To finally get rid of these wieght one way or another, which mean I may need to have that surgery thing to get it done, but as GOD is my witness it will be gone.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
To get my handgun skill up to the speed of Jerry Miculek:shooter:. I know that will be the biggest task I have ever undertaken, but if it were to happen, it would be huge.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
To finally get rid of these wieght one way or another, which mean I may need to have that surgery thing to get it done, but as GOD is my witness it will be gone.

Mate don't get the surgery yet , have you tried using a kettle bell . I'm trying to lose weight as well , because I've got metabolic syndrome which makes it even harder lose fat .

But the kettle bell is starting to burn fat off me like a blow torch , I do swings and snatches for a total work time of 12 minutes with 30 sec rests and then finish off with some heavy bag work .

I'm not going to BS you mate , the kettle bell is HARD YAKKA ( hard work ) and you will be sore but I am finally starting to see results . So maybe you can give it a try before you have to resort to surgery . You can do it mate , its a new year , all the best in your weight loss endeavour.

MARK.

Shadow tkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Praise the lord more and get better at martial arts

praise the lord for another year

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To retire from my worthless full time position and work part time and teach..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mate don't get the surgery yet , have you tried using a kettle bell . MARK.

I have heard a lot of good stuff about the kettle bells...If I can get some extra money I'd buy a set..

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good stuff about the kettle bells...If I can get some extra money I'd buy a set..

Yeah they are bloody expensive for a lump of iron with a handle on it , but I think you only need one , mines only 16 kg . Its the ballistic nature of the exercises that wreck you.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As I have more than enough people lying to me and making unreasonable demands of me, I refuse to make New Year's resolutions, thus adding myself to the mix.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't make them, that way I don't worry about breaking any or not living up to them. It's a simple philosphy, but it works for me.

Latest Discussions