New Tae Kwon Do Times

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Scott, was that also in JAMA? Do you happen to have the reference? Would love to read it!

Not sure if it ever was in JAMA, and I don't have a reference — I downloaded a digital version a couple of years ago (a pdf maybe?)

You would like a copy of it? It is a NICE piece of work, although what I have I think was a work in progress, not his finished version (although it reads as well as a finished version)

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Posted before, but bears repeating:
My Instructor was approached many years ago to be on the cover of TKD Times. Considering his history and credibility, if anyone deserved to be on the cover he did.
Anywho, they quoted a price of something like $10,000. He thought that's what they would pay him. He thought for his time and the privilege of having him on the cover, that's what they would pay him. That's what THEY wanted HIM to pay THEM. He told them to leave. He never appeared on the cover. I suppose considering who's appeared on the cover, it's just as well. A man is judged by the company he keeps after all. Why pay $10,000 to be in the company of clowns and incompetents?

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Posted before, but bears repeating:
My Instructor was approached many years ago to be on the cover of TKD Times. Considering his history and credibility, if anyone deserved to be on the cover he did.
Anywho, they quoted a price of something like $10,000. He thought that's what they would pay him. He thought for his time and the privilege of having him on the cover, that's what they would pay him. That's what THEY wanted HIM to pay THEM. He told them to leave. He never appeared on the cover. I suppose considering who's appeared on the cover, it's just as well. A man is judged by the company he keeps after all. Why pay $10,000 to be in the company of clowns and incompetents?

Yes, I knew I'd read something like this before—your post must be where I got the 10K figure from! I think someone else wrote on an earlier thread as well to confirm the coverage-for-$$$ terms of TKDT's front-cover coverage...