New school challenged?

"butt kicked" like a complete knock out.
So?

Chuck Liddell has been knocked out....a couple of times now. I'd still be thrilled were he to want to train me. Same could be said for any number of other great fighters.

Everybody loses sooner or later. Fights only prove how good you were on a given day. That's a different skillset than the one it takes to teach and make others good fighters.

Peace,
Erik

Well basically here is the scenario. New Tkd master arrives in town and challenges the only other tkd school master because he thinks he can do a better job. Scheduled full contact match with basic rules. Everyone has time to prepare. The winning master invites any willing student to come learn with the best.
War of the dorky dojangs? Everyone involved is on the losing end.

Well basically here is the scenario. New Tkd master arrives in town and challenges the only other tkd school master because he thinks he can do a better job. Scheduled full contact match with basic rules. Everyone has time to prepare. The winning master invites any willing student to come learn with the best.
So, is this a hypothetical scenario or did it actually happen?

Whatever. There are unanswered questions here. Since I get the feeling that this is a hypothetical, here are some considerations that make such scenarios rather silly:

What are the ages?
If master A is old enough to be competing in seniors and master B is still young enough to be competing in the same age range as guys from eighteen to twenty, master B has an advantage in a tournament scenario. They put those age divisions in for a reason.

What are the genders?
If one is a gent and one is a lady, this generally provides the gent with a size, weight, and upper body strength advantage. Just as with ages, there are reasons why they have a mens and womens division in a tournament setting, though I feel that as long as weight, age, and relative skill are close, gender is less of a factor.

What are the weight classes of the masters in question?
This is the biggie. Are the close in weight or is master A built like Dolph Lundgren (6'5, 235 pounds, 5% bodyfat) and master B built like Yip Man (5'something, 102 pounds soaking wet)? This would be the most significant factor aside from age.

Do either masters have any serious injuries?
If master A has blown out his knees or has severe back problems from from, say a car accident, he or she may be a wonderful teacher but will no longer be competative as a tournament fighter.

Daniel

Completely hypothetical. I started this thread more for entertainment then anyhting else. You're probably right, been watching too many Kung cu movies lately.

I don't have my own school yet but fancy the day I may have one. I've heard some entertaining rumors before about how this master was challenged etc etc.

I think if my master got his *** whooped I would feel terrible. I'd take up revenge avec Kung fu style. LOL.

Back