New Green Belt

Obliquity

Green Belt
Reaction score
I hesitate to share stuff sometimes, but would like to share that I passed my Green Belt test last week. When asked by my Sifu tonight how it felt to have my Green Belt, I told him that it felt humbling. On the one hand, I reached a milestone, but, on the other, I know that there is so much more to learn. I know that reaching the next level will require much more focus and commitment than the current one and that conditioning will play an even greater role.

Anyway, thanks for reading this. I am not big on tooting my own horn, but, for the little bit that I participate here on MT, I appreciate the support that is shown for each other.

Happy training, all!

P.S. Too bad I live in the middle of nowhere. I'd buy a round of brewskies for the occassion! I did celebrate over the weekend with a fine handrolled cigar (an A. Fuente Hemingway Short Story) and a Bison Brewing Belgian Ale. Very tasty!

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats! To me each rank awarded was humbling, even though I was excited to get it, I knew even more was expected of me and I had to live up to the new expectations. Sometimes they aren't a recognition of just what you have accomplished, but what you are ready for.

Congratulations and the fine cigar and beer sounds good. Not familiar with the short story (I had a Punch last time), but I like those that take about 45 minutes or so to smoke. That is plenty of time for a couple of good beers and conversation. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why hesitate?? You worked hard for that rank..Share your good news with us..CONGRATS!!!!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new rank!!!:ultracool

Mike

OP
Obliquity

Obliquity

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for the kudos. I think part of what I was feeling after the ceremony was what Bigshadow mentions below:

I knew even more was expected of me and I had to live up to the new expectations.

I expect more of myself, now, in addition to higher expectations from my instructors and from other students. I know that I need to "step it up" as I move ahead.

Why hesitate?? You worked hard for that rank..Share your good news with us..CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks, Drac. I think my reticence has to do with, ummm, well, I do recognize my accomplishment, particulary in light of being a bit older, and having been quite sedentary for far too long. But, it was sort-of like a wake-up call, although perhaps not in the usual, drastic, sense. I just recognize how much more work I have to do to get where I want to go.

As for cigars:

Congratulations and the fine cigar and beer sounds good. Not familiar with the short story (I had a Punch last time), but I like those that take about 45 minutes or so to smoke.

There are lots o' great cigars to be smoked, including some good Punch. The Short Story is made by Fuente and is part of the Hemingway line, one of the outstanding cigar lines in production. I know that cigars can get expensive, but if you are an occassional smoker, make it a treat to have something good when you do indulge. I could go on for days . . .

Thanks again!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! Any milestone is worth sharing and celebrating... then it's time to get back to working on the next one!

Latest Discussions