My lovely wife on television

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife Blanche was on CP24's Animal House Calls today for Toronto Pug Club with Pippin an owner-surrender pug we are fostering right now.

Blanche usually turns up on the show several times a year. The host Ann Rohmer is a strong advocate for animal rescue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My wife Blanche was on CP24's Animal House Calls today for Toronto Pug Club with Pippin an owner-surrender pug we are fostering right now.

Blanche usually turns up on the show several times a year. The host Ann Rohmer is a strong advocate for animal rescue.
Very cool. Cute dog. I will say, though, that the screen was SO busy! You Canadians must have the attention spans of gnats! :D I hope you guys find a good home for Pippin soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Gordon Nore

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will say, though, that the screen was SO busy! You Canadians must have the attention spans of gnats! :D I hope you guys find a good home for Pippin soon.

Indeed, which is why I never watch the channel except to catch the weather ticker. It's a 24-hour news channel serving the Greater Toronto Weather. Their nightly news is simulcast on its partner station, minus all the stuff on the screen.

As for attention spans, yeah, it's worse even than CNN.

OP
Gordon Nore

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Attention span of gnats, whatever do you, oh look something shiny over here......

Squirrel!

up-doug-talking-dog.jpg

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't notice a busy screen. All I could see was a beautiful dog. What a beautiful little guy. Your wife is doing some excellent work Gordon.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Your wife is lovely!!!! It's great that she's involved with an animal shelter. I actually signed up to volunteer at our local animal shelter and was approved, but I have yet to make it over there. :( This has inspired me to get off my *** and get there. Thanks for sharing. :asian:

OP
Gordon Nore

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your wife is lovely!!!! It's great that she's involved with an animal shelter. I actually signed up to volunteer at our local animal shelter and was approved, but I have yet to make it over there. :( This has inspired me to get off my *** and get there. Thanks for sharing. :asian:

Technically, the organization she volunteers for is a rescue -- in this instance, a breed-specific one focusing on pugs. It's not a brick-and-mortar shelter, such as an SPCA, Humane Society, or city-run shelter, etc. The animals may have been in shelters at some point. When they get to a rescue, such as this, they are fostered in home by members until they are ready to be adopted.

With very high-need animals, sometimes an experienced and knowledgeable foster parent like Blanche keeps them. Our dog Theo is a good example -- deaf, one-eye, heart murmur. There have also been instances where volunteers who are vet techs agree to take them on because they need specialized care.

Volunteering in a shelter is a wonderful thing to do. It brings some familial comforts into what are often noisy and high-stress environments.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technically, the organization she volunteers for is a rescue -- in this instance, a breed-specific one focusing on pugs. It's not a brick-and-mortar shelter, such as an SPCA, Humane Society, or city-run shelter, etc. The animals may have been in shelters at some point. When they get to a rescue, such as this, they are fostered in home by members until they are ready to be adopted.

With very high-need animals, sometimes an experienced and knowledgeable foster parent like Blanche keeps them. Our dog Theo is a good example -- deaf, one-eye, heart murmur. There have also been instances where volunteers who are vet techs agree to take them on because they need specialized care.

Volunteering in a shelter is a wonderful thing to do. It brings some familial comforts into what are often noisy and high-stress environments.

That is fantastic! Kudos to you both!!! :asian: Best of luck on finding these little guys homes. I love pugs. :D Wish I could have one, but my cats say NO. LOL!