My experience with American kenpo

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why, certainly. The Marines want you to know they are coming. They will even play music. :)

Oh we beat you again because we have bagpipes! Known to scare the bravest of men. that and the men in 'skirts' who come with the pipes. :D

Our conditioning coach and some of our students are in this parade. enjoy!

Tired_Yeti

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yep, my students are army, members of various British regiments including Scots Guards ( born fighters lol) Para Regt, a couple of tank regiments, the Yorkshire Regiment and of course Gurkhas. We also have some from Corps such as the Royal Signals and Royal Army Medical Corps ( surprisingly pugnacious), Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, there's a couple of PTIs but no Royal Military Police as they are used for practice when the squaddies are out on the pop.

I was in the US Army and we didn't rule out yelling on the battlefield. There are times and situations when it's useful to stun or disorient an enemy long enough to give you the upper hand.

Given all the various units you've listed (that's a lot of men), I'm willing to bet some of them have or would yell in combat at times. In fact, come to think of it, you guys (UK) were the last guys to use bayonets in combat (just a few years ago). Hard to imagine such close quarters fighting to the death without some yelling.

"Re-stomp the groin"
Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was in the US Army and we didn't rule out yelling on the battlefield. There are times and situations when it's useful to stun or disorient an enemy long enough to give you the upper hand.
Where did you see action?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Given all the various units you've listed (that's a lot of men), I'm willing to bet some of them have or would yell in combat at times. In fact, come to think of it, you guys (UK) were the last guys to use bayonets in combat (just a few years ago). Hard to imagine such close quarters fighting to the death without some yelling.

"Re-stomp the groin"

What Moonbat said was "But the military goal is to shoot before you get seen or hear them coming. I would thing the goal would be different you want to shoot not be seen. You goal is not scare them off but shoot them before they know you are there." But usually there is no accounting for what he posts. He has the idea that all self defence training is all screaming and all soldiers walk around silently.

As for being a lot of men, yep, we are the largest garrison in Europe, we have the Infantry Training School here ( trains all infantry as well as the Paras, the Gurkhas and the Guards Regiments) we have a couple of American exchange officers here too. We have a Brigade Headquarters and most of the Brigade here plus the training area here is huge.
Bayonets were used in Afghanistan and the Gurkhas shout 'ayo Gurkhali' as they attack, my Gurkha friends said that is now a last ditch move when all seems lost and means basically 'F*** you they are coming at you with kukris so say your prayers'

Soldier who led Afghanistan bayonet charge into hail of bullets honoured

Soldier who led Afghanistan bayonet charge into hail of bullets honoured

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't say he did. How long have you been beating your wife? ;)

WTF? Beating my wife??? What are you on??

I think that's sort of his point. Tired_Yeti didn't say he saw action. He said he was in the Army.
Not, in my opinion, the best way of making that point, but I think that's what he was getting at.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that's sort of his point. Tired_Yeti didn't say he saw action. He said he was in the Army.
Not, in my opinion, the best way of making that point, but I think that's what he was getting at.
Yeah, I did get his 'point'. Very strange'point' to make considering all I did was ask a question based on this comment from Tired Yeti: "I was in the US Army and we didn't rule out yelling on the battlefield". Maybe he saw action, maybe he didn't. I just asked where he saw action (if he had) but never got a reply.

Latest Discussions