Music

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
This thread is about what different types of music or bands you cool people out there like.

I looove grunge and heavy metal, what type of music do you guys (and girls) like?

Mine are, nirvana, alice in chains, pearl jam, guns and roses, metallica, maiden, soundgarden, a little bit of green day and last but not least...Def leppard

Thanks for all replies,

Bobby.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Depends what kind of mood I'm in.

Today is a very Linkin park, godsmack, papa roach, eminem, marilyn manson sort of day.

Yesterday was a grateful dead, peter paul and mary, and simon and garfunkle sort of day.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
I listen to hardcore, today i was listening to betrayed, bane, 7seconds and champion

OP
bobster_ice

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sam said:
Depends what kind of mood I'm in.

Today is a very Linkin park, godsmack, papa roach, eminem, marilyn manson sort of day.

Yesterday was a grateful dead, peter paul and mary, and simon and garfunkle sort of day.

Now linkin park and papa roach are...kick *** bands!!

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love music. period. Anyone looking at the "My Music" file on my computer will be certain that I am running a download service, I'm a DJ or just plain schizo...

Big fan of country though. Old country more than newer country rock.

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
stone_dragone said:
I love music. period. Anyone looking at the "My Music" file on my computer will be certain that I am running a download service, I'm a DJ or just plain schizo...

Big fan of country though. Old country more than newer country rock.

I’m with you on that I like pretty much all music and there is no rhyme or reason to what I might have playing at any given time. My computer has around 5 Gigs of Mp3’s and I keep 2 cd’s in my car with around 200 songs each.

I love some of the old country Like Hank Jr., Willie, Waylon, Jonny Cash, Alabama, long list but I also really like most of the new country. And I am also a big fan of the 80’s hair bands,-Poison, Guns and Roses, Warrant, Ratt, Winger, Ozzy, Def-Leppard, Great White, I like 60’s, 70’s, some 50’s and even the Beach Boys (probably their youngest fan). I am probably the only person on the planet that works on my wave master with Chris LeDux, County Fair- This Cowboys Hat, or Hooked on an 8 Second ride blasting.

I guess I am music Heinz 57

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bobster_ice said:
Now linkin park and papa roach are...kick *** bands!!
Unfortunately, neither one is very impressive live. I saw them on Ozzfest a few years back. One of the singers for Linkin Park was way out of tune, and the singer for Papa Roach just had no stage presence for a large venue.
Having said that, I still think Papa Roach's first CD rocks a bit.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
2004hemi said:
I’m with you on that I like pretty much all music and there is no rhyme or reason to what I might have playing at any given time. My computer has around 5 Gigs of Mp3’s and I keep 2 cd’s in my car with around 200 songs each.

I love some of the old country Like Hank Jr., Willie, Waylon, Jonny Cash, Alabama, long list but I also really like most of the new country. And I am also a big fan of the 80’s hair bands,-Poison, Guns and Roses, Warrant, Ratt, Winger, Ozzy, Def-Leppard, Great White, I like 60’s, 70’s, some 50’s and even the Beach Boys (probably their youngest fan). I am probably the only person on the planet that works on my wave master with Chris LeDux, County Fair- This Cowboys Hat, or Hooked on an 8 Second ride blasting.

I guess I am music Heinz 57

I knew I liked you for some reason!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KMFDM, Sister of Mercy, Apoptygma Berzerk, VnV Nation, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Front Line Assembly, Razor Skyline, Sister Machine Gun, PTP, Cobalt 60,

To name a Few.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Mine is also mood dependent.

At work, most of my MP3's are Dropkick Murphys, Bad Religion, Flogging Molly, Op Ivy, etc. In my car are Toby Keith, Tracy Byrd, Brad Paisley, and NOFX. At home, it could be anything from Frank Sinatra to the Smiths to Madness to Rammstein. :idunno:

And as far as live shows, Flogging Molly and Less than Jake are my personal favorites.

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
stone_dragone said:
I knew I liked you for some reason!

Well thank ya, thank ya.

Oh and I thought of one I might have left out well ok maybe more than one. Like David Allen Coe –(Never even called me by my name) and yes Toby, Straight, Garth, Reba, Randy Travis, Trace Adkins, ZZ Top, and the list goes on and on.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iron Butterfly, Iron Madden, Steppinwolf, Foghat, Pink Floyd, Areosmith,Grateful Dead,Journey, Megadeath, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Van Halen.
Well you get the ideal.
Terry

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
due to my age....
I tend to like 80's music, everything from Duran Duran to the Police to Motley Crue and 80's Metallica (when they did Heavy Metal and not POP lulaby's)

Modern groups?
Incubus, Disturbed....etc.

when I'm melow....
JAZZ

Your Bro.
John

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
My tastes are also all over the map, and definitely mood-dependant.

I have about 16 gigs of songs on my I-pod, and I love stuff like Eric Clapton, Allman Bros, DMB, Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Buffett, Van Morrison, SRV, some Phish and some SCI....

I also have a huge jazz collection.....classic stuff....Brubeck, Getz, Garner, Hines, etc...

Lastly, I love Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi and a few other classical greats....
As it happens, I'm listening to Beethoven's 9th as I write this....IMHO, the single greatest piece of music ever written....sheer genius, put to music...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just checked out the new S'inead O'conner at the library... It totally friggin rocks!!! I'm being totally and completely serious.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
And as far as live shows, Flogging Molly and Less than Jake are my personal favorites.

Flogging Molly Rocks. Ive seen em live a couple of times

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
pretty much anything that isn't rap but faves include Midnight Syndicate, Nox Arcana, Rammstein, HammerFall, Type O Negative, Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, Motorhead, Manowar, Seether, Drowning Pool, a dash of Classical, most Celtic and any Rock that came from the 80's( Dio, Dokken, Scorpions, Skid Row, Queensryche and so on). The rest of my list is variable and is subject to change at my very whim, but rap/R&B are NEVER on it. At any time.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
mostly country but sometimes ill listen to whatever it is my fience has on its some kinda metal thing ...to me its annyoing but he likes it so i smile and nod

Latest Discussions