Moving things around a bit....

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Naw, then I'd have to be nice like you guys are and my head would probably explode :) .
Plus, I don't think you can fit a bottle of CC in the medicine cabinet.

How about a pint of Jack????

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think it is a good move.

There is an art in Japan called Shorinji Kenpo. As I have heard the story, it was brought to Japan by a guy who trained with the Shaolin folks in China. But it is a Japanese art and treated as such.

Hayes is American. He can do whatever he wants to do with Toshindo without asking the folks in Japan for permission. It seems appropriate that the discussions about him are not in a section about Japanese arts.

But based on some of the recent posts, I do not think it will stop the troubles we have seen.

I tend to agree with Don here. The troubles won't stop. This is a public forum and some who train in the Bujinkan will somehow always feel the need to correct stuff posted here. Some in To-Shin Do will do the same in retaliation.

I don think the move is good. It may help. But stop it? Highly doubt it.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't see it as an effort to stop the internal bickering some people seem hell-bent on continuing. I see it as a ligit. move due to the nature of the arts and orginizations associated with SKH. They are an American take on a Japanese art. I agree with the move, but have to agree also that it isn't going to stop a thing in the way of arguments. :(

Latest Discussions