Moving things around a bit....

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We are in the process of restructuring a few sections of MT. As a result, we have moved the SKH forum out from under the JMA banner. The reasons for the move are that while the art has it's roots in Japan, it is not persay a Japanese but an American art, and that by moving this forum from under the JMA-Ninjutsu heading to a top level heading of it's own that it might be better seen and be more useful and less problematic for all involved.

We welcome feedback on this.

Thank you.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Will that section have different mods than the sections in the JMA?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Initially the same, we will reassign as needed. My hope is that as the SKH forum grows that a forum leader or 2 will emerge and join our mod team.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bydand comes to mind. I'm pretty sure he's Toshindo.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea, personally. It is an american art, which is good (I think american disciplines are among the best, personally), and should be represented as such. This will help minimize confusion and crybabying.

Arachne

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Someone asked the question "where did all the SKH stuff come from", of course, it came from Stephen K Hayes, it's his creation isnt it? A sort of westernised eastern martial art. Then again, would Stephen K Haye's have been able to create anything if it was'nt for the Japanese?

If Toshindo had a Japanese founder, the restructure probably wouldnt be neccesary.

Giving the SKH forum its own area is a great idea.
It is a seed on it's own, which has obviously grown into a small tree, which can stand on its own and needs it's own space.

Tree's dont grow in each others shadow,
I think this will help decrease :soapbox: from certain members , and is a great idea.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bydand comes to mind. I'm pretty sure he's Toshindo.

Are you out of your mind Jeff? Yeah I train To-Shin Do, but it is because the instructors I started with in the Bujinkan and like, and trust went that direction when SKH went the Quest Center route. I followed my Instructors because I trust THEM and they didn't change a thing except the sign out front.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you out of your mind Jeff?

Dont worry, we keep the medicine cabinet in the mod lounge stocked full at all times with pleanty of headache medication. :)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate to say it... but I think Scott would be a damned fine moderator. He's always been strong-minded but fairminded. I say, DRAFT him for moderator! (but subsidize his headache medication... :D)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dont worry, we keep the medicine cabinet in the mod lounge stocked full at all times with pleanty of headache medication. :)

I hate to say it... but I think Scott would be a damned fine moderator. He's always been strong-minded but fairminded. I say, DRAFT him for moderator! (but subsidize his headache medication... :D)

Naw, then I'd have to be nice like you guys are and my head would probably explode :) .
Plus, I don't think you can fit a bottle of CC in the medicine cabinet.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Naw, then I'd have to be nice like you guys are and my head would probably explode :) .
Plus, I don't think you can fit a bottle of CC in the medicine cabinet.

Your right, CC won't fit in the medicine cabinet but it goes fine in behind the bar in the mod lounge :D

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So that's why y'all are so laid back. It is beginning to make sense now. :lfao:

Bob keeps us drunk and under the influence of a few hallucinogenics so we become addicted and never have he desire to leave....but shhhhhh...its a secrety kind of thing, don't tell anyone...shhhhhhh....:drinky:

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea as there's too much unproductive arguing regarding SKH when he's put in the same area as the other Ninjutsu folks. Sure, he's a legitimate, and as far as I know, highly skilled practitioner and teacher but his art has diverged enough (I've seen BJJ type techniques on his school's web sites before) for it to have its own place - while recognizing that its first roots do lie in Japan.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Before someone puts up a poll to select the new mod for this section, I'd like to point out that we do have a process for assigning mods, and it's not a public vote. :p

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it is a good move.

There is an art in Japan called Shorinji Kenpo. As I have heard the story, it was brought to Japan by a guy who trained with the Shaolin folks in China. But it is a Japanese art and treated as such.

Hayes is American. He can do whatever he wants to do with Toshindo without asking the folks in Japan for permission. It seems appropriate that the discussions about him are not in a section about Japanese arts.

But based on some of the recent posts, I do not think it will stop the troubles we have seen.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Before someone puts up a poll to select the new mod for this section, I'd like to point out that we do have a process for assigning mods, and it's not a public vote. :p
Yeah, I had a brain fart and thought I was in a Mod room when I posted that.

Sorry to all 'bout that.

Jeff

Latest Discussions