• Merry Christmas

• Happy Holidays

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well the Holiday Season is almost upon us..Just wondering how many of you still use the traditional greetings of Merry Christmas versus Happy Holidays..

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I still say, "Merry Christmas", mostly out of habit. However, if I am aware of another's belief system, I try to be appropriate, "Happy Holidays", "Happy Hanukkah", or just plain "Happy Whatever" ... LOL

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use happy holidays to cover all the bases, but I don't get bent out of shape if someone use Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, or whatever the greeting is for Kwaanza, if someone is wishing me well I don't care how they do it.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use happy holidays to cover all the bases, but I don't get bent out of shape if someone use Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah, or whatever the greeting is for Kwaanza, if someone is wishing me well I don't care how they do it.
And that's the key to it, ain't it? If someone is wishing you well, with the best of intentions, what's the point in getting bent out of shape about the words being used? I'm a trucker and we have an entirely different lingo on the CB radio for most everything including the holidays. With us it's "Have a merry, merry and a happy, happy." It's "73s and 88s" with a holiday tone to it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bah humbug?

One of my shift partners ( I have two) whenever we have these PC statements form the bosses says he is PC...he hates everyone and all holidays!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Well Happy Chrismachannukwanzica to you!!!!

;)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I say "Merry Christmas", always have. I don't mean to be insensitive to anyone, it's been Christmas for years.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And that's the key to it, ain't it? If someone is wishing you well, with the best of intentions, what's the point in getting bent out of shape about the words being used? I'm a trucker and we have an entirely different lingo on the CB radio for most everything including the holidays. With us it's "Have a merry, merry and a happy, happy." It's "73s and 88s" with a holiday tone to it.

Yep....

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I remember an old toast that pretty much says it all
"Here's to those who wish me well
all the rest can go to hell"

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They usually say "Merry Christman" then I usually say "where the hell is my present" Throws them off so bad. :p

No I say Merry Christmas for the most part but I say Happy Holidays because at a lot of my jobs in the malls here in town we werent supposed to day Merry Christmas because we were being politically incorrect...i didnt last very long at those jobs

B

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
when i say merry chirstmas, christmas is a time and merry is to be happy...no hidden meanings there. i'd be a little taken aback if someone got offended by that. i could just as well say happy hanukah, but i believe the term christmas is so widespread and nonreligious to the point of being fairly commercial matter.

ill keep it in mind however and try to say happy holidays, - but i wouldn't want to be excluding or dissecting -so i will probably continue to say merry christmas. if someone doesn't feel comfortable saying merry christmas, i could also understand.

j

Latest Discussions