• Bah Humbug

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I posted a similar thread/post last year and it recieved some good posts, so I thought to do it again to give the newer members and lurkers a chance to chime in...

Do you say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year or are you PC and say Happy Holidays...Now so as not to appear stupid if I know for a fact someone is Jewish then I will say Happy Chanukah..

For me it is always Happy Holidays and have a wonderful New Year. Since we have Christian and Jewish and all types of friends.

I say Happy Holidays if I'm really thinking about it for the sort of reason you mention but by default I'm a "Merry Xmas" kind of guy.

I say 'Happy Holidays' not only for the reasons given, but also for the thought that this holiday, above all others, has been over commercialized.

Happy Holidays!

I'm a HH guy as rattling off the 12+ holidays in Dec. takes too long. :D

It's Merry Christmas, or Season's Greetings for me-get's away fromthe whole "Holiday" thing.......

Bob Hubbard said:
I'm a HH guy as rattling off the 12+ holidays in Dec. takes too long.

THere's always Happy Chanuchristmakwanzakah! :lfao:

I voted all of the above! It depends to whom I am speaking! lol.

I grew up hearing/saying Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, so that's become habit for me.

Unless I'm teasing a very good friend, which I am not above in any season, I try to greet people with what I know they'll like.

I can't figure out those who get insistent about this stuff. For example, to me, shoving an aggressive, " Merry Christmas", at a Jewish guy isn't a sincere holiday wish at all, it's a cheap way of insulting him under the guise of wishing good cheer.

Sometimes its better not to say anything at all. Other times it can be a way to tell somebody you're glad to have them as a friend/family member/ coworker all year long.

I posted a similar thread/post last year and it recieved some good posts, so I thought to do it again to give the newer members and lurkers a chance to chime in...

Do you say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year or are you PC and say Happy Holidays...Now so as not to appear stupid if I know for a fact someone is Jewish then I will say Happy Chanukah..

I try to greet my friends and associates with the proper phrase for their beliefs.

But this year so far has been Bah Humbug

Back