• Bah Humbug

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I posted a similar thread/post last year and it recieved some good posts, so I thought to do it again to give the newer members and lurkers a chance to chime in...

Do you say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year or are you PC and say Happy Holidays...Now so as not to appear stupid if I know for a fact someone is Jewish then I will say Happy Chanukah..

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For me it is always Happy Holidays and have a wonderful New Year. Since we have Christian and Jewish and all types of friends.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I say Happy Holidays if I'm really thinking about it for the sort of reason you mention but by default I'm a "Merry Xmas" kind of guy.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I say 'Happy Holidays' not only for the reasons given, but also for the thought that this holiday, above all others, has been over commercialized.

Happy Holidays!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a HH guy as rattling off the 12+ holidays in Dec. takes too long. :D

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
It's Merry Christmas, or Season's Greetings for me-get's away fromthe whole "Holiday" thing.......

Bob Hubbard said:
I'm a HH guy as rattling off the 12+ holidays in Dec. takes too long.

THere's always Happy Chanuchristmakwanzakah! :lfao:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I voted all of the above! It depends to whom I am speaking! lol.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I grew up hearing/saying Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, so that's become habit for me.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Unless I'm teasing a very good friend, which I am not above in any season, I try to greet people with what I know they'll like.

I can't figure out those who get insistent about this stuff. For example, to me, shoving an aggressive, " Merry Christmas", at a Jewish guy isn't a sincere holiday wish at all, it's a cheap way of insulting him under the guise of wishing good cheer.

Sometimes its better not to say anything at all. Other times it can be a way to tell somebody you're glad to have them as a friend/family member/ coworker all year long.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I posted a similar thread/post last year and it recieved some good posts, so I thought to do it again to give the newer members and lurkers a chance to chime in...

Do you say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year or are you PC and say Happy Holidays...Now so as not to appear stupid if I know for a fact someone is Jewish then I will say Happy Chanukah..

I try to greet my friends and associates with the proper phrase for their beliefs.

But this year so far has been Bah Humbug