Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Bah Humbug

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i wish people a happy festival of mithras.

i am a front line soldier in the War on Christmas.

jf

Frostbite

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Damn. Happy Festivus wasn't an option.

Anyway, I voted "bah humbug." I don't get into Christmas for the religious reasons and lately Christmas has annoyed me because of the consumerism behind it. Ever since I can remember, I hated that feeling of being obligated to buy people gifts, being creative enough to pick something out without copping out with a gift card/cash, trying to predict how much to spend on someone based on what they might spend on me, and stressing out about the time and money involved in gift shopping.

I don't dislike the holiday as a time to get together with family and friends and enjoy the company of people you may not get to see that often. I just hate the buildup and the irrational spending that seems to go along with it.

Edit: Oooh...green belt!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Merry Christmas/Feliz Navidad to most of friends, colleagues and clients. Even if they don't celebrate Christmas they at least get a day off and folks in the same industry as me get bit of downtime due to some end-of-year moratoriums that make our lives a lot easier for a few weeks. :D :D :D

I'll sometimes say a more generic greeting but....personally I find it very hard to be offended by a holiday greeting. I think most greetings are made as a gesture of goodwill and I'm happy to be the recipient of the gesture, whether I celebrate that particular holiday or not.

Latest Discussions