Martial Arts are Witchcraft, just ask this guy!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Think of some of the things the martial arts are supposed to do for you.
Improve awareness
Improve reflexes
Create a deeper meaning of life for the person who studies long enough
these alone could be seen as witchcraft by some

to say nothing of being invisible, walking on water, scaling supposedly unscaled walls

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
if people want a workout then they oughta be going elsewhere cos the only things in fight club are a few bags a cushioned floor and people that are there to fight -- there are no machines no weight benches no nothing. everyone knows it's a fight club and not a keep fit gym (there's one of those next door to the fight club) so the people that go should already be in reasonable shape. there are other gyms available for getting in shape before you consider joining fight club.

You forgot the first rule (Don't talk about fight club). :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Think of some of the things the martial arts are supposed to do for you.
Improve awareness
Improve reflexes
Create a deeper meaning of life for the person who studies long enough
these alone could be seen as witchcraft by some

to say nothing of being invisible, walking on water, scaling supposedly unscaled walls

You forgot walking through walls, flying and invincibility :D

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
rule number two is that you never tell anyone what actually happens behind the closed doors of fight club ;)

I think the third rule is only one fight at a time.

I know the last rule is: "If this is your first night at Fight Club, you HAVE to fight."

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club: Someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: no shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule: Fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
not to mention flying knees ;) and objects such as flying gloves - that can come at you with alarming speed :) just like casper they can be friendly taps on your body or full blown that can put you through walls :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i love little Casper the Friendly Ghost :)

and ghostbusters was ultra cool too :) not to mention the part in gremlins where he puts one in the microwave until it explodes :) way cool :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't forget the 5 elements (i forget what order) fire, water, steel (maybe wood? I don't know i forget the last two) I'm pretty sure that would play some part in this...

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I want to say the OP is totally crazy, but Mr WaterGal trained with a guy for a while when he was younger who claimed to have some kind of special mystical powers and understanding, and would take adult students to see psychics and have them do tantra and qi gong and stuff like that as part of their training. But that's really not the norm. (Also, that guy was a Christian despite all that other stuff.)

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It IS sad how it always seems to be Christians. I can't think of an example where a Muslim pulled their child out of a martial arts school for religious reasons.

We did have a Muslim family that pulled their daughter after a trial period because of religious modesty reasons, even though she could and did wear hijab during class. It was unfortunate, because she really, really loved it. I recently talked to a lady from the local mosque about having an all-girls class in the fall for a bunch of their girls so that that's not an issue, so we'll see how that pans out.

But even that's not about crazy-pants stuff like mind control and demonic possession, just restrictive cultural stuff.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't forget the 5 elements (i forget what order) fire, water, steel (maybe wood? I don't know i forget the last two) I'm pretty sure that would play some part in this...

Doesn't that call up Capitan planet?

Heart power. What a rip off.

Captain+Planet+-+Heart+2+COL+copy.gif

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
WE ARE ALL INFIDELS!

Does anyone else find this insanely offensive?

To say I find this insanely offensive would be a big understatement, but this is nothing new, I've seen this stuff before. This guy is nothing but a psycho nutcase and a racist who puts down asians and anything in the asian culture. Another person who is very similar would be Rebecca Brown Yoder, another racist who bashes the martial ars from a Christian standpoint and in doing so abuses Christianity and abuses the Word of God. That's what both these people do, they abuse the word of God. I would love to meet this guy face to face and set him straight.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i find that term extremely offensive.

most people couldn't give a rats "£$ what other people religion are they just keep themselves to themselves n stuff. the being spouted by those 2 people is just a riposte to the islamic BS being spouted by the likes of Hamza and co - i just don't see the difference between the 2 --- they both want a holy war of some mad description and put down anything that they don't like.

MA dojo's / gym's create families of a sort where everyone gets along, has a laugh, trains hard and sometimes fights that always end ammicably with hug for the opponent maybe they don't like the sense of togetherness and that hard training creates bonds between students and teachers.

maybe cos there are some unwritten rules it makes it magical - i know that the audience at a fight can be the difference between putting the extra 10% into it or not - and that once the fight is over it's like being possessed cos i've yet to find anything that's as powerful a drug as a full on hit of adrenaline :) took me a full 6 hours to "come down" after last week's fight :)

maybe cos we all attend a "cult" and pay our subs into the "cult" membership kitty to become a part of the "cult" for a period of time --- some pick up guns and join the likes of ISIS - some pick up a gym uniform and go to a gym - they're both "cults" afterall they both capitvate their respective audiences to join in their activites for a specific goal :)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
We did have a Muslim family that pulled their daughter after a trial period because of religious modesty reasons, even though she could and did wear hijab during class. It was unfortunate, because she really, really loved it. I recently talked to a lady from the local mosque about having an all-girls class in the fall for a bunch of their girls so that that's not an issue, so we'll see how that pans out.

But even that's not about crazy-pants stuff like mind control and demonic possession, just restrictive cultural stuff.

Well, it is just another method of control in my book.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have known a lot of Christians but never heard them have any dislikes towards fitness or martial arts (that could be because they might not know any martial arts groups) but one thing I'm certain of is a lot of people have their idea of what is"right or wrong " and truly believe they are correct that whatever they are against (could be martial arts like mentioned in this category) but a lot of people will almost always refuse evidence because that is what they believe in. And I'm pretty sure they spread their beliefs to their children (making the next generation similar)

On Christians and karate;

Is it right for a Christian to be involved in martial arts?

Latest Discussions