Man defending himself against women

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Now this is always a controversial subject but I want to talk about what happens if a woman attacks a man. Luckily it's never happened to me so I haven't had to be in that situation but I've seen it before and the man defends himself against a woman throwing hard punches and he defended himself yet he got in trouble with the police.

Personally if a woman attacks me I'm going to defend myself. If you attack me you're starting it so I'm finishing it I don't care who you are or what gender. Women can do just as much damage as men can so that's my stand on it

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been attacked by a woman a couple of times. First time round I did not defend myself and was injured. Second time round I also held back for a time but then realizing I was going to come off worst I disabled her. She came around and it took six police to get her in the wagon.

OP
K

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have been attacked by a woman a couple of times. First time round I did not defend myself and was injured. Second time round I also held back for a time but then realizing I was going to come off worst I disabled her. She came around and it took six police to get her in the wagon.
Yeah it must be a bad situation. I mean I hate violence on women and I'd probably hesitate as well but it's got to be done

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Take their back control them in a bear hug.

There is a cool little arm lock I do but it is hard to explain.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't make any difference to me, I will as happily hit a woman as I will a man if the need arises. I don't hold back and only use appropriate force in all cases. I don't see gender.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gender is irrelevant in an assault. In any assault, I'm going to do whatever it takes to defend against the assault while inflicting no more than necessary injury to the assailant.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In what context are you guys being attacked by a woman? are you being mugged by a complete strangern? this is pretty darned unlikely. I mean, sure, cops, bouncers... But just average joes? Not likely.

Much more likely to be beat up by a drug addicted and/or mentally ill, female relative.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In what context are you guys being attacked by a woman? are you being mugged by a complete strangern? this is pretty darned unlikely. I mean, sure, cops, bouncers... But just average joes? Not likely.

Much more likely to be beat up by a drug addicted and/or mentally ill, female relative.

I took it as a hypothetical, but you will see this thread posted today by Master Dan which relates an attack by a woman.
In my experience, women in the ER are every bit as likely to become combative as men - and are often shocked that it's not tolerated, clearly assuming that because they're women, nobody will put hands on them. And (again, in my experience) they're more likely to bite and spit. Frankly,these body fluid assaults bother me more than someone trying to punch me. Beyond the ick factor, there's the risk of disease transmission.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spitting at someone here is classed as assault, an arrestable offence of course. Usually we've had women attack when you've tried to arrest the man she's with, quite often after they have been fighting. Often, in fact I'd say 98% of cases an excess of alcohol is involved when women get stroppy enough to start fighting. I hate the smell of stale alcohol and cheap perfume! Just about every time I got the female anyway, the chaps don't want to deal with the women when another women can handle them.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now this is always a controversial subject but I want to talk about what happens if a woman attacks a man. Luckily it's never happened to me so I haven't had to be in that situation but I've seen it before and the man defends himself against a woman throwing hard punches and he defended himself yet he got in trouble with the police.

Personally if a woman attacks me I'm going to defend myself. If you attack me you're starting it so I'm finishing it I don't care who you are or what gender. Women can do just as much damage as men can so that's my stand on it
I guess it depends on how effective the woman's attacks are and if she has a weapon, as well as the intensity of the situation before she decided to attack me. Most women (in comparison to men) can't throw a punch let a long fight. I would still defend myself on high alert as if I'm fighting someone who can knock me out. Slaps, scratches, and kicks to the nuts are equally bad in my book. I just may not blast punches and kicks as if I'm fighting for my life (can't make any promises though lol). Some women have in their mind that "men aren't supposed to hit women" so their aggressiveness is done with the assumption that the man won't hit them back. They take it as a free card to abuse the man and he's supposed to just take it. They women that do this don't think they can beat man in a fight, but they just assume that they can get away with hitting him. There are other situations where I would blast punches and kicks as if I'm fighting for my life and I wouldn't factor nor care if the person is a woman or not. Some women can fight and if the man doesn't defend himself to the best of his ability then she'll kill him.

To me this is acceptable in my book

This isn't acceptable in my book.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

LOL it's all relative to the environment that you live in or live near. Women do violent crimes too.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I took it as a hypothetical, but you will see this thread posted today by Master Dan which relates an attack by a woman.
In my experience, women in the ER are every bit as likely to become combative as men - and are often shocked that it's not tolerated, clearly assuming that because they're women, nobody will put hands on them. And (again, in my experience) they're more likely to bite and spit. Frankly,these body fluid assaults bother me more than someone trying to punch me. Beyond the ick factor, there's the risk of disease transmission.
Yeah, I get that in some professional occupations, you are at higher risk from this, and said as much. Outside of this, I don't see it. And I don't buy the account in the other thread, at least not at face value.

Ultimately, I think we at least need to be more specific. Are you defending yourself from a drunk woman at a bar? Are you defending yourself from a jilted lover? Mentally ill homeless person? Kid in a high school? What's the real context, because I can tell you, there is no simple answer here, and most of the hypotheticals are so unlikely that they impede any kind of useful conversation.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
LOL it's all relative to the environment that you live in or live near. Women do violent crimes too.
Lol... Yeah. It's fun to make believe but some of these "what if" threads read more like MA fan fiction.

Ruhaani

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Through out a complicated shopping list at her.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that in some professional occupations, you are at higher risk from this, and said as much. Outside of this, I don't see it. And I don't buy the account in the other thread, at least not at face value.

Ultimately, I think we at least need to be more specific. Are you defending yourself from a drunk woman at a bar? Are you defending yourself from a jilted lover? Mentally ill homeless person? Kid in a high school? What's the real context, because I can tell you, there is no simple answer here, and most of the hypotheticals are so unlikely that they impede any kind of useful conversation.

There was a thread where a a guy was attacked i assumed this springboarded off that

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If a woman attacks me, I simply punch their punches, and kick their kicks, until they don't want to play anymore. :)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lol... Yeah. It's fun to make believe but some of these "what if" threads read more like MA fan fiction.
Very true. I can't disagree there. If it's not that then it's a battle of extremes.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Townsville. Which is just north of me.

Latest Discussions