Looking to get into Martial Arts

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You mentioned fitness, but that not being your primary goal. What IS your primary goal? If you had to rank order your goals / purpose for training, what would that look like? You are spoiled for choice in NYC, which is nice.
Discipline was a listed goal

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Discipline was a listed goal

Not in his response to me when I asked him to prioritize his most pertinent goals/reasons for wanting to train MA. He might have mentioned earlier and I missed it, but according to his response to me anyway, he doesn't seem to list it as one of his strongest motivators.

Last edited:

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Not in his response to me when I asked him to prioritize his most pertinent goals/reasons for wanting to train MA. He might have mentioned earlier and I missed it, but according to his response to me anyway, he doesn't seem to list it as one of his strongest motivators.
It's was in his op

Hanshi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Of all the martial arts I've studied judo has to be the best for core strength. If you like to grab your opponent judo is a natural. I've always advised students to look for a dojo/dojang where the "vibes" make them feel comfortable and at home. The teacher's personality can't be discounted. Ask yourself some questions: Does he/she show as much attention to the average students as he does to his best black belts? Do you feel "included"? Does he truly WANT you to succeed and not just make payments? These concerns are more important, at least initially, than what art you go into.

Latest Discussions