Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know, for a lady from Northern China, Mrs Xue makes some pretty darn good Vietnamese Vegetable Spring Rolls

Vietnamese-Vegan-Spring-Rolls-Watch-What-U-Eat-2.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I mentioned to a coworker that bacon is meh. I like it okay, but that it's kind of trendy and isn't THAT good. She was genuinely shocked. I compared it to IPAs, which are also just fine, but that not every beer has to be an IPA. That appears to have made it worse. I don't think she trusts my judgement any more. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
oh now... that's unnacceptable. I can handle a lot of stuff, but underseasoned food is just not okay.

under-seasoned food!? there is more to seasoning than salt. You may also be surprised at how good food starts to tastes once you get rid of such things as salt... but I am not anti-salt, however I use little of it...but BACON!!!! That is an abomination

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
under-seasoned food!? there is more to seasoning than salt. You may also be surprised at how good food starts to tastes once you get rid of such things as salt... but I am not anti-salt, however I use little of it...but BACON!!!! That is an abomination
Salt enhances all of those flavors. I’m not talking the egregious amounts of sodium that are in processed foods. But everything benefits from salt. Even sweet foods taste better with a pinch of salt. 😅

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned to a coworker that bacon is meh. I like it okay, but that it's kind of trendy and isn't THAT good. She was genuinely shocked. I compared it to IPAs, which are also just fine, but that not every beer has to be an IPA. That appears to have made it worse. I don't think she trusts my judgement any more. :D
I’ve never met an IPA I found at all enjoyable. And at work, they only sell IPAs and PBR…

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's been raining for over a week. We got four inches of rain yesterday alone, and it's still raining. Everything I own is wet, my hats, my shoes, my dog.

I looked up the emergency procedures to follow in the Maui Safety Guide.

"Roll a fattie, pour a glass of red, have a BLT and a bowl of chicken soup."

Who am I to argue with science?