Last Poster #7

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hope all's okay??
Yeah everything except for the XenForo Discouragement feature.

The admins are trying to use it to get rid of me, and honestly? It's working. It worked over the whole summer, but now it's permanent.

They've put me on "troll watch". Really, after all the help I've been???

I'll get more "points" for this, probably. Maybe even a full ban. Gotta love web cabals and their ridiculousness. God mode warps their minds.

Kiss my Converse, baby. This message is directed at the entire so called "moderation" staff. You are the problem, not me. I'm gone.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

The admins are trying to use it to get rid of me, and honestly? It's working. It worked over the whole summer, but now it's permanent.

I'll get more "points" for this, probably. Maybe even a full ban. Gotta love web cabals and their ridiculousness. God mode warps their minds.

Kiss my Converse, baby. This message is directed at the entire so called "moderation" staff. You are the problem, not me. I'm gone.
Sorry to see you go. I appreciate you and your posts.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

I see... that's a real shame. Not sure of all of that behind the scenes stuff.. but I am sorry to hear that... have enjoyed your company and very insightful posts. Take good care, hope to see you again

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Went to one of the FMA schools today. Seemed perfect timing/distance-wise; classes start at 6:30, I get out of work at 6 and it's 15 minutes away. Not saying which one to avoid art bashing.

Showed up a bit early, figuring that I'd watch the kid's class, and if there was an instructor there who was free I'd introduce myself first, if not I'd be there for when class started.

So I get there, they have a sitting area, I sit down and wait for class to start. One of the instructors is teaching, another walks in but very much has a "don't bother me"vibe..so I don't. I watch the class and see the guy teaching getting frustrated with the kids (4-12ish age range), it looks like). Raising his voice, saying things like "You're right hand. No your other right hand. No a crane kick, that's not how a crane would kick." Most of the stuff is stuff that could be taken as a joke, but you could tell he was frustrated, not joking. The kids, on their part, are all well-behaved, and quieter than I've seen most kids classes. No joking or smiling going on. Okay, that's fine. It's rare but I've seen kids classes like that, who knows what happened before I got there, not gonna judge just based on that.

Then he moves on to one kid, who's doing a middle block. Except apparently (I couldn't see from where I was), he was doing that thing where he blocks with his wrist instead of his forearm. Which from my experience is a pretty common thing for new students, especially kids, and can take them a bit to get right.

So the guy goes "Not your wrist, your forearm. Your forearm." Then just starts getting louder and angrier repeating the word forearm to this kid, until he starts jabbing his fingers hard on the kids head over and over saying "Forearm! Think! Forearm!" I think with some sort of 'use your brain' equivalent as well. He jabs his head about 5 times, no one else that's waiting is surprised in the least, so I'm pretty sure this is not a one-off incident.

That kid was like 5-7 years old if I had to guess. I'm not sure if he teaches adult classes at all, but I don't want to train somewhere that buys into that style of teaching, particularly with little kids. And if someone tries something similar to me, I'd likely snap back which wouldn't be good for anyone involved. I hadn't told anyone I was coming, hadn't called or emailed, so after the 5th jab to the kids head I just walked up and left.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Went to one of the FMA schools today. Seemed perfect timing/distance-wise; classes start at 6:30, I get out of work at 6 and it's 15 minutes away. Not saying which one to avoid art bashing.

Showed up a bit early, figuring that I'd watch the kid's class, and if there was an instructor there who was free I'd introduce myself first, if not I'd be there for when class started.

So I get there, they have a sitting area, I sit down and wait for class to start. One of the instructors is teaching, another walks in but very much has a "don't bother me"vibe..so I don't. I watch the class and see the guy teaching getting frustrated with the kids (4-12ish age range), it looks like). Raising his voice, saying things like "You're right hand. No your other right hand. No a crane kick, that's not how a crane would kick." Most of the stuff is stuff that could be taken as a joke, but you could tell he was frustrated, not joking. The kids, on their part, are all well-behaved, and quieter than I've seen most kids classes. No joking or smiling going on. Okay, that's fine. It's rare but I've seen kids classes like that, who knows what happened before I got there, not gonna judge just based on that.

Then he moves on to one kid, who's doing a middle block. Except apparently (I couldn't see from where I was), he was doing that thing where he blocks with his wrist instead of his forearm. Which from my experience is a pretty common thing for new students, especially kids, and can take them a bit to get right.

So the guy goes "Not your wrist, your forearm. Your forearm." Then just starts getting louder and angrier repeating the word forearm to this kid, until he starts jabbing his fingers hard on the kids head over and over saying "Forearm! Think! Forearm!" I think with some sort of 'use your brain' equivalent as well. He jabs his head about 5 times, no one else that's waiting is surprised in the least, so I'm pretty sure this is not a one-off incident.

That kid was like 5-7 years old if I had to guess. I'm not sure if he teaches adult classes at all, but I don't want to train somewhere that buys into that style of teaching, particularly with little kids. And if someone tries something similar to me, I'd likely snap back which wouldn't be good for anyone involved. I hadn't told anyone I was coming, hadn't called or emailed, so after the 5th jab to the kids head I just walked up and left.
Ah that's a darn shame... yeah not a fan of that style of teaching, not productive at all

Latest Discussions