Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you are not utilizing the internet, I would say don't get a Chromebook.
That is the whole thing about them
I think since I bought mine, oh, ten years ago, they moved closer toward a laptop, as laptops moved closer to cloud-based apps and the 'need' to be connected, you'd be happier with a regular cheap laptop. Just make sure the USB ports support your backup medium.
My current machine (I had bought to start a business) has only 2 USB C ports and one USB A port, no DVR player (and the battery life isn't great) BUT it is actually a tablet, acting like it's a laptop (HP Spectre. I have seen better, but it's ok. I liked the Lenovo Yoga better, but due to an unfortunate event and idiots in the warranty department I got this thing)

Libre Office is MS Word compatible.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, suddenly I’m planning for a trip to Jamaica. A friend/mentor reached out to me because his church is doing some work on/with a school for the deaf there. Their my had a tech team slated to go install 30 PCs and get them on the network. PCs got lost, then held up in customs, and missed the tech team’s availability. Another group is going in early September to do some facilities maintenance, and I’m now the tech team.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, suddenly I’m planning for a trip to Jamaica. A friend/mentor reached out to me because his church is doing some work on/with a school for the deaf there. Their my had a tech team slated to go install 30 PCs and get them on the network. PCs got lost, then held up in customs, and missed the tech team’s availability. Another group is going in early September to do some facilities maintenance, and I’m now the tech team.
That’s sounds awesome.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
An object lesson on appeal to authority.

Haha wow! That's pretty funny, would have p'd off alot of people but quite a clever lesson. Me looking at it I would have thought the same!

But actually he's wrong, that's the Flying Chorizo Nebula (S22437) in the distant El Burro galaxy.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon, who did the knee. He says everything I am experiences is normal, my flexibility is very good, but the muscles of my thigh, above the replace knee, are atrophied, compared to my other leg. He wants me to exercise it more to get the strenght back. Other than that I have no more restrictions.

Also this diagnosis has me rethinking things as far as my MA training goes….

And with that, I‘m off to exercise the leg

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...

Virginia allows residents who reach a "certain age" to get a lifetime fishing license (or hunting).

Apparently they know something that the rest of us don't... Mine expires in August 2221.

So... you only need to plan on buying me 199 more birthday gifts -- not 200!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon, who did the knee. He says everything I am experiences is normal, my flexibility is very good, but the muscles of my thigh, above the replace knee, are atrophied, compared to my other leg. He wants me to exercise it more to get the strenght back. Other than that I have no more restrictions.

Also this diagnosis has me rethinking things as far as my MA training goes….

And with that, I‘m off to exercise the leg
Excellent!!!!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I forgot to add, I asked him about the occasional popping and clicking I get. His response…you have a lot of metal and plastic in there, what did you expect..

Actually, that comment, made me feel a whole lot better
I'd expect materials that don't click and pop....they make those for machinery, why not for joints?!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I just roasted 3 lbs of coffee. :D It is a honey processed Colombian bean, and I think it turned out pretty good. We shall see in a week or so.

Latest Discussions