Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Discovered something yesterday while watching my youngest play tennis. This has been an issue ever since I had the knee replaced. When I walk there is something that I can only describe as a hard joint click. Yesterday at tennis while I was walking upstairs to watch her play, I swear it was audible.

As I stood there I felt it again, just standing. Then I took a look. My knee is moving laterally 45 degrees, that was the noise and the feeling I get. If I tighten the muscles on the inside of my knee, it goes away or it is much less noticeable.

So, it appears I have to start regularly exercising the Vastus Medialis and Gastrocnemius muscles. Found a few exercises and now I just have to do them and see what happens

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The difficulty with these tests is sensitivity. The rapid tests have a much high rate of false negatives, which is why the recommendation is to do two of them, usually 72 hours apart. They can pick up the virus 1-5 days after symptoms start (rarely on the first day), and they're less likely to have a false negative the closer to the 5 days.
Thanks for the heads up. My wife and I have been down with a bad cold since Saturday and already had one negative Covid test, but based on your info I just took another one to be safe. Still negative, so I should be good to get back to training as soon as the symptoms clear up.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Discovered something yesterday while watching my youngest play tennis. This has been an issue ever since I had the knee replaced. When I walk there is something that I can only describe as a hard joint click. Yesterday at tennis while I was walking upstairs to watch her play, I swear it was audible.

As I stood there I felt it again, just standing. Then I took a look. My knee is moving laterally 45 degrees, that was the noise and the feeling I get. If I tighten the muscles on the inside of my knee, it goes away or it is much less noticeable.

So, it appears I have to start regularly exercising the Vastus Medialis and Gastrocnemius muscles. Found a few exercises and now I just have to do them and see what happens
eek.
You are a playmobile man...a clicky!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, I'm about 2% Norwegian so...party on
It doesn't really matter. Show your Norse pride and all is well. :D

I'm 100% American, but a full half of my genetic ancestors are from Norway. My poor dad is like the Ancestry commercial. He always thought he was half Norwegian and half German. Took the genetic tests and it turns out his German side of the family were all Swedish emigrants to Prussia, so genetically, he's like 97% Scandinavian. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
we need to make it a thing, like St Patrick's Day
Love that. A little less about drinking copious amounts of liquor and beer, and more about eating lots of hot dogs and sweets. Also a great time for some good parades and if you're lucky, some fun Viking festivities.

This is how we roll in Poulsbo: Viking Fest | May 20-22nd 2022

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter. Show your Norse pride and all is well. :D

I'm 100% American, but a full half of my genetic ancestors are from Norway. My poor dad is like the Ancestry commercial. He always thought he was half Norwegian and half German. Took the genetic tests and it turns out his German side of the family were all Swedish emigrants to Prussia, so genetically, he's like 97% Scandinavian. :)

DANG!!! Just checked my ancestry update of my DNA..... I'm 6% Norwegian...time to get me some Aquavit and kjøttkaker and PAAARRR TEEE

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just had a complete conversation with somebody not knowing what I actually 'said'
The marvels of technology that Google Translate is.
I am reasonably sure I did not insult their mother. (and it is amazing that it can handle fantasy terminology)
Yeah Bloodelves, yeah dragons!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My husband found a video from the April Meet of the horse racing club my Dad headed the business aspect of for years.
They named the first race after him (He passed away last October)
(I am sure he is rolling his eyes over that. He hated the attention)

Now I am a little nostalgic.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My husband found a video from the April Meet of the horse racing club my Dad headed the business aspect of for years.
They named the first race after him (He passed away last October)
(I am sure he is rolling his eyes over that. He hated the attention)

Now I am a little nostalgic.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but that sounds like a nice tribute.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD PEOPLE!!!!!! STOP calling back numbers that appear on your phone. They SPOOF numbers and all you're doing is ANNOYING the person who actually HAS the number..... Apparently my home phone number has been spoofed and now a PLETHORA of IDIOTS are calling me asking what I want and why I called them..... JUST STOP!!!!!! people can be so very annoying.....

OK, I'm off the soap box now

Latest Discussions