Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep, an off day for me as well... chaotic. Lots of sprinting around and delays... must be in the air. But some nice things today. So bizarre! Funny how almost everything in the day doesn't go to plan, trying to learn from that and be more easygoing with that. The Dao de Ching may assist in that!
maybe I need to dig that out, It's been that kind of month, although it isn't all bad.

Aside from 6 dead chicks and a low white blood cell count (chemo is probably over at this point)

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are PRO and CON for sharing personal video online.

PRO: 100 years from today, people may still remember you because your online video.
CON: If you post a clip online with error in it, you will never have any chance to correct it.

A: Here is one of my video to share.
B: You hand and leg are not fully coordinated.
C: Your power generation is weak.
D: Your balance is a bit off.
E: Your body doesn't have a good structure.
F: You are not a good looking guy.
A: I just took down my video.
G: It's too late. I have already downloaded your video. I have proof that your MA is bad.
A:
:-\

Last edited:

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hearing about the mass shooting in Buffalo. I know we have some folks from that area. Hope everyone is safe.
This happened somewhat close to me, but he was basically recreating the Christchurch attack in New Zealand. A Lord of the Flies type race warrior apparently.

There's a dangerous undercurrent of these guys percolating in America, mostly fed by online white supremacy and fascist ideology, emboldened by the last decade or so of uber-machismo infecting this nation and others.

What's especially sad are the websites that are, right now, sharing and glorifying the images and video of dying and dead people. This child filmed the whole thing, and posted it online, like he was streaming a video game, along with a manifesto about black people. Just when I thought we were back to silly stuff like Johnny Depp/Amber Heard, comes the real chaos.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This happened somewhat close to me, but he was basically recreating the Christchurch attack in New Zealand. A Lord of the Flies type race warrior apparently.

There's a dangerous undercurrent of these guys percolating in America, mostly fed by online white supremacy and fascist ideology, emboldened by the last decade or so of uber-machismo infecting this nation and others.

What's especially sad are the websites that are, right now, sharing and glorifying the images and video of dying and dead people. This child filmed the whole thing, and posted it online, like he was streaming a video game, along with a manifesto about black people. Just when I thought we were back to silly stuff like Johnny Depp/Amber Heard, comes the real chaos.
Elder at the time watched the video of the Christ Church massacre and STRONGLY advised against watching it.
And the man is not squeamish!

We have taken a wrong turn somewhere in this society.
No, it is not the video games. Millions of people play those and don't shoot up their neighborhoods.
Truth be told the Pentagon loves those games. Makes training new soldiers easier.

There is something more wrong, deep down in those broken minds.
That uber machismo is not healthy for the psyche.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Elder at the time watched the video of the Christ Church massacre and STRONGLY advised against watching it.

No, it is not the video games. Millions of people play those and don't shoot up their neighborhoods.
Truth be told the Pentagon loves those games. Makes training new soldiers easier.

It's not the video games, but there IS a growing subculture of young men out there organized around streaming mass murders as games. Remember when it used to be called "going postal" after that guy shot up the post office? Now it's the age of psycho gamers. Sandy Hook, Christchurch, Buffalo, all mentally deranged gamers.

It's a way of obtaining a type of infamous immortality. In the old days, the killers face would be shown on the news for a while, until the next big thing, then forgotten except by the victims families.

Now, this killer's screenshots and video are being passed around like candy amongst these psychopaths, and they're actually gloating about it. They did the same thing with New Zealand.

He even made sure to write the N-word on his gun barrel, so it would be seen in all the video. Online, he already has a following...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's not the video games, but there IS a growing subculture of young men out there organized around streaming mass murders as games. Remember when it used to be called "going postal" after that guy shot up the post office? Now it's the age of psycho gamers. Sandy Hook, Christchurch, Buffalo, all mentally deranged gamers.

It's a way of obtaining a type of infamous immortality. In the old days, the killers face would be shown on the news for a while, until the next big thing, then forgotten except by the victims families.

Now, this killer's screenshots and video are being passed around like candy amongst these psychopaths, and they're actually gloating about it. They did the same thing with New Zealand.

He even made sure to write the N-word on his gun barrel, so it would be seen in all the video. Online, he already has a following...
true.
Step one: stop calling the drivel 'manifesto'
Step 2: stop posting the murderer's name and image.

Alas, the problem goes much deeper. Just check the toy aisles! Barbie can have it all: A career in any given field, a house, cars, boats, many changes of clothes
Boys are restricted to play with soldiers, cops, and superheroes.
no house, no car, no change of clothes.
and no jobs outside this narrowly defined 'work field'

Then of course they don't get to be weak for boys don't cry. They don't get to enjoy softer colors, or unicorns and rainbows.
Female=bad for boys.
No hugs for little boys (a lot of problems here. You can't hug little boys, or you are a pervert....)

There is a standard of male-ism that is not sustainable.
It is toxic.
and eventually someone breaks.
and his followers are as broken, they just don't have the 'guts' to do the same, although somewhere somebody is polishing his AR15 as we speak.

A messed up situation.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
PS:
and he had a reasonable chance to get arrested vs shot, to enjoy the 'fruit of his labor'
another crack in the system.
Another guy would have more bullet holes in him than Bonny and Clyde's car!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I believe it's all our own fault for letting them get away with it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
maybe we need to start with our boys.
let them pick what they like, and let them play with dolls if they enjoy it. After all, we expect them to become fathers at one point.
Let them dress as they please. Why not in a fluffy dress?!

and give them other role models than gun toting guys.
A doctor, a music teacher.
An archeologist who is not an action hero (love you, Indy, but you know....)

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Step one: stop calling the drivel 'manifesto'
Apparently he did actually write a 180 page manifesto, probably somewhere around 179 longer than he really needed given his hate goals. Manifesto is just a fancy word for "my personal mission statement".

Kaczynski's was a mere 8 pages, but I'll never forget "We give up a piece of ourselves whenever we adjust to conform to society's standards. That, and we're too plugged in. We're letting technology take over our lives, willingly", because it's true.

There's too plugged in, and then there's so plugged in, you're writing almost 200 pages of hate, going on a shooting spree, and restarting the cycle of victim rights, gun rights, finger pointing, and generally lame human behavior.

It's all very Dao.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Apparently he did actually write a 180 page manifesto, probably somewhere around 179 longer than he really needed given his hate goals. Manifesto is just a fancy word for "my personal mission statement".

Kaczynski's was a mere 8 pages, but I'll never forget "We give up a piece of ourselves whenever we adjust to conform to society's standards. That, and we're too plugged in. We're letting technology take over our lives, willingly", because it's true.

There's too plugged in, and then there's so plugged in, you're writing almost 200 pages of hate, going on a shooting spree, and restarting the cycle of victim rights, gun rights, finger pointing, and generally lame human behavior.

It's all very Dao.
It gives the drivel unnecessary weight.

I mean, they need to go ahead and write the dreck, makes it easier to make the case for hate crimes.
But don't call it by a fancy name, call it 'hate note'

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng! @Xue Sheng!!!
Lookie what I found for you!!!!!

View attachment 28430
Bacon roses!

Great... a death bouquet.....

You know, i was in a grocery store this morning and I had a thought of how happy @Dirty Dog would be .... empty shelves all over the place, the meat section had huge gaps in it where meat should be, but was not...however...the bacon section was overflowing with bacon, if they put anymore there it wold be falling on the floor

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great... a death bouquet.....

You know, i was in a grocery store this morning and I had a thought of how happy @Dirty Dog would be .... empty shelves all over the place, the meat section had huge gaps in it where meat should be, but was not...however...the bacon section was overflowing with bacon, if they put anymore there it wold be falling on the floor
I don't actually eat much bacon. But it's fun to torment you about it.

Latest Discussions