Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I lived in Boston for 4 months for work. Coming from Seattle, I thought I knew coffee, but I still tell the story of when I discovered the “coffee regulah”. 😅

For what it’s worth, Boston is very cool. I walked pretty much all over that city, and loved it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I lived in Boston for 4 months for work. Coming from Seattle, I thought I knew coffee, but I still tell the story of when I discovered the “coffee regulah”. 😅

For what it’s worth, Boston is very cool. I walked pretty much all over that city, and loved it.

Still going to through your tea in the water :D

I spent a lot of time in Boston in my misspent youth. My father also was in the Navy at the Boston Shipyard and he was the last commissioned officer at Chelsea Naval Hospital before they closed it. But that was back when we live on the Northshore in Peabody. It wasn't until he retired and we moved closer to Worcester that my misspent youth time there began.

I was there about a month ago and that city has changed so much there is little I recognize anymore.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Still going to through your tea in the water :D

I spent a lot of time in Boston in my misspent youth. My father also was in the Navy at the Boston Shipyard and he was the last commissioned officer at Chelsea Naval Hospital before they closed it. But that was back when we live on the Northshore in Peabody. It wasn't until he retired and we moved closer to Worcester that my misspent youth time there began.

I was there about a month ago and that city has changed so much there is little I recognize anymore.
I lived downtown for about 4 months back in 2003. I'm sure it's very different now, but even then it was becoming very expensive and neighborhoods were gentrifying.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I lived downtown for about 4 months back in 2003. I'm sure it's very different now, but even then it was becoming very expensive and neighborhoods were gentrifying.

Although I have been back to boston several times since I moved, mostly Chinatown and the occasional MA seminar, I left Massachusetts in 1981. It has changed considerably since then

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Although I have been back to boston several times since I moved, mostly Chinatown and the occasional MA seminar, I left Massachusetts in 1981. It has changed considerably since then
well shucks
Most everything changes in 40 odd years!

(dang, has it been this long?!)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hubby got hooked on 3D puzzles.
he is working on the Queen Ann's Revenge, with LED lights
The model is astonishing! It looks almost like those you can see in a museum, made from wood!

And since he likes to share his newfound joy, I have Neuschwanstein on my desk now.
Half done, and no lights.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hubby got hooked on 3D puzzles.
he is working on the Queen Ann's Revenge, with LED lights
The model is astonishing! It looks almost like those you can see in a museum, made from wood!

And since he likes to share his newfound joy, I have Neuschwanstein on my desk now.
Half done, and no lights.

Hey, they have a USS Constitution.... I think you just gave me and idea as to what I can do when I'm working from home waiting for emails..thanks

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey, they have a USS Constitution.... I think you just gave me and idea as to what I can do when I'm working from home waiting for emails..thanks
besides eating bacon and drinking tea?
those things are definitely amazing!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score

This stuff tastes even better than it sounds.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

This stuff tastes even better than it sounds.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today I went over my kwandao form and I got to use the instructor's kwandao. He has one that's completely made of metal. 12 pounds, but doesn't swing like 12 pounds though. I give this thing a few good swings and I can feel myself sliding a little bit with a few of the swings. My own kwandao is 8 pounds with a wooden handle. Never been pulled around when I swung this one so it was funny that the heavier one did. I got to borrow it for a week. Hopefully by the end of the week I can make the form look decent with it.

Gonna make my other weapons feel too light. It's always funny practicing kwandao then picking up another weapon like staff, the thing feels like a toothpick. Kinda throws me off a little.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Today I went over my kwandao form and I got to use the instructor's kwandao. He has one that's completely made of metal. 12 pounds, but doesn't swing like 12 pounds though. I give this thing a few good swings and I can feel myself sliding a little bit with a few of the swings. My own kwandao is 8 pounds with a wooden handle. Never been pulled around when I swung this one so it was funny that the heavier one did. I got to borrow it for a week. Hopefully by the end of the week I can make the form look decent with it.

Gonna make my other weapons feel too light. It's always funny practicing kwandao then picking up another weapon like staff, the thing feels like a toothpick. Kinda throws me off a little.
sounds like a lovely balanced weapon!
And that is how you get speed in your swing. LOL

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Roasting 5 lbs of coffee from Papua New Guinea today. I like the sugary molasses of these beans for espresso. Yum.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Use to enjoy the Guandao. I never owned one, but I use to use my Shifu's and it was also heavy

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Been a banner day for me as well.. They can't fix the AC in my SUV until the 23 and the youngest Xue got exposed to Covid. A friend came to school sick....school tested friend they found out..... after the first class the Youngest Xue was in with them.....friend tested positive....and my home Printer/Fax/Copier just died..... I really do not like non-enterprise printers...and I dislike multifunction printer even more....

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep, an off day for me as well... chaotic. Lots of sprinting around and delays... must be in the air. But some nice things today. So bizarre! Funny how almost everything in the day doesn't go to plan, trying to learn from that and be more easygoing with that. The Dao de Ching may assist in that!

Latest Discussions