Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Halloween night....
Tricker Treaters showing up at the door...
My daughter is at a Halloween party...
Mrs Xue is out shopping....
And they leave the guy on crutches with a stiff leg here to deal with it...

So far only had one group leave because, apparently, I could not get there fast enough.... but one hour on and were at about 50 kids already
best costume evah

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Glad you're back and happy you're feeling good.. I wish you a speedy recovery
Thank you. Taking it slow for now.
My stomach is pinching more than the morphine led me to believe. I have some of the good stuff at the house though (with due warning from the pharmacist)
I miss my daytime nurses.
The night shift not as much. :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thank you. Taking it slow for now.
My stomach is pinching more than the morphine led me to believe. I have some of the good stuff at the house though (with due warning from the pharmacist)
I miss my daytime nurses.
The night shift not as much. :)
You mean there is something stronger than morphine?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
My tea journey continues...

20211101_101241.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You mean there is something stronger than morphine?
LOL, no, it is not stronger.
I had not considered how much the occasional shot from the pump made life more comfortable.
5/325 Norco. It's ok, I just have to plan my trips down the hallway around it. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
LOL, no, it is not stronger.
I had not considered how much the occasional shot from the pump made life more comfortable.
5/325 Norco. It's ok, I just have to plan my trips down the hallway around it. :)
Morphine makes me throw up... 100%. I can't take it. I don't do well on any of those opioids... which I suppose isn't a bad thing.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
its like when I was on Oxycodone, stand up, pass out. it was knocking my blood pressure down to 90/30
I took Oxycodone once, after a surgery. As a guy who almost grew up in the sixties, and embraced the counter culture lifestyles of the seventies, I can tell you one thing with certainty, that crap is bad, really bad, poison even.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I took Oxycodone once, after a surgery. As a guy who almost grew up in the sixties, and embraced the counter culture lifestyles of the seventies, I can tell you one thing with certainty, that crap is bad, really bad, poison even.

I was taken off it by the ER doc the day after my knee surgery

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thank goodness for that.

We should get to hang certain Doctors for some of the crap they prescribe.
When you have a "for profit" healthcare system, where GoFundMe accounts are an integral part of the system, and doctors receive kickbacks from drug manufacturers, I mean... is anyone surprised when doctors hand out drug samples like candy on Halloween?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was on oxycodone once. Took the prescribed dose, got hit by a massive wave of itchies all over, and then -- scared the beejeezus out of me. Won't take it again.

Now, morphine... morphine was cool stuff. I watched my blood back up and make pretty swirly patterns in the IV bag until a flight medic spotted it and caught the attention of the nurse. :wacky:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Morphine makes me throw up... 100%. I can't take it. I don't do well on any of those opioids... which I suppose isn't a bad thing.
Def. don't want to be throwing up. My holes and stitches would not agree.

I think I started itching on the morphine and hit the pump far less than in the beginning. Not sure what it was, never did materialize itself in anything (thank goodness)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was taken off it by the ER doc the day after my knee surgery
When I was in the hospital for covid they kept giving me oxy. I finally asked them why I was taken that I wasnt in pain. The nurse shrugged her shoulders and said the doctor ordered it. I told them I wasnt taking it anymore and took myself off it. I thought that was odd they were giving it to me in the first place.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
When I was in the hospital for covid they kept giving me oxy. I finally asked them why I was taken that I wasnt in pain. The nurse shrugged her shoulders and said the doctor ordered it. I told them I wasnt taking it anymore and took myself off it. I thought that was odd they were giving it to me in the first place.

I went to the ER a while back with chest discomfort (turned out to be acid reflux). They did an EKG, it was normal, took my blood work it was normal, they then came in to give me nitro and keep me overnight and schedule a stress test in the morning. I asked them why since everything was normal. I was told it was procedure for men over 50 with chest problems. I did not take the nitro and signed myself out

Latest Discussions