Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just saw one in the yard. Made me think of you, and your then your knee. Any news on the manipulation?

I'm going to get it, doc thinks it is a good idea at this time, due to lack of expected flexibility this long after surgery, and I'm waiting for the call to schedule the manipulation.

Knee is off by 4 degrees so my leg will not straighten and I am only at 90 degree flexion, 100 degree if I work with it for a bit. They want 0 degrees and at least 110 degrees.

And I have not seen a hummingbird moth in about 10 years. It was in my backyard, but I only saw the one. Saw one prior, south of my house, about 17 years ago.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm going to get it, doc thinks it is a good idea at this time, due to lack of expected flexibility this long after surgery, and I'm waiting for the call to schedule the manipulation.

Knee is off by 4 degrees so my leg will not straighten and I am only at 90 degree flexion, 100 degree if I work with it for a bit. They want 0 degrees and at least 110 degrees.

And I have not seen a hummingbird moth in about 10 years. It was in my backyard, but I only saw the one. Saw one prior, south of my house, about 17 years ago.
There was a ton of them this year. Haven't seen one in a month or two now.

Yeah, zero degrees is a good thing. As is the 110. It's tough going through the rehab, especially now.
Stay strong, my brother.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There was a ton of them this year. Haven't seen one in a month or two now.

Yeah, zero degrees is a good thing. As is the 110. It's tough going through the rehab, especially now.
Stay strong, my brother.

I just take a nap and then they do all the work. After that I have to be aggressive in rehab to maintain and gain.

I was also told by the MD that it takes 6 to 12 months before there is no pain after the knee replacement. No one told me that before, all they said was 6 to 8 weeks before you can walk normally again... I'm almost 16 weeks out and still can't walk normally and still need a cane at times

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
October 08, 2021. Knee manipulation.
Do I want it? No
Do I see another way around this? No
Well..... looks like I'm getting a knee manipulation
A year from now you'll look back and say "that wasn't that bad".......I hope. That word manipulation is very troublesome. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
A year from now you'll look back and say "that wasn't that bad".......I hope. That word manipulation is very troublesome. :)
Am I the only one here imagining them putting Xue under anesthesia and then a group of doctors and nurses all gather round his knee and emotionally manipulate it?

"I heard from Xue's hips that you aren't carrying your weight. You're a loser, knee. If you ever want to amount to anything, you'll reach 110 degrees flexion. You can't even get to 90. And you look funny, too."

Probably just me.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one here imagining them putting Xue under anesthesia and then a group of doctors and nurses all gather round his knee and emotionally manipulate it?

"I heard from Xue's hips that you aren't carrying your weight. You're a loser, knee. If you ever want to amount to anything, you'll reach 110 degrees flexion. You can't even get to 90. And you look funny, too."

Probably just me.
What could possible go wrong? :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Probably just me.

Nope, not just you :D

And thanks, I needed that :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Probably just me.
I think it is just you, Steve, I picture them putting Xue under anesthesia and tattooing strips of crispy bacon across his back.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, our state is in a bit of a pickle... :s. Covid cases have been rising quite dramatically, yesterday's 950, today 1,438... our area is out of lockdown but metro still in it, hospitals are under immense strain at the moment, and I think we're only at 49.1% double vaxxed.

Buckle up :s

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, our state is in a bit of a pickle... :s. Covid cases have been rising quite dramatically, yesterday's 950, today 1,438... our area is out of lockdown but metro still in it, hospitals are under immense strain at the moment, and I think we're only at 49.1% double vaxxed.

Stay safe. You get your second shot yet?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thanks heaps. Nah it's scheduled for 11th November, not much longer... but I don't really feel that safe going out and about and catching up with people. All feels a bit yuck and close to home...
Even one dose helps a lot. I can tell you that after the second dose, my outlook changed a lot. I’m still mindful, but here in the states it has really become a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Simon, please be careful.

Latest Discussions