Last Poster #7

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Back from yet another PT torture session.... and it appears I can put a little weight on it.
That's great, Xue.

But you know what one of the Yin/Yang segments of long time Martial Artists is? We give pretty good advice to students....and sometimes don't take it ourselves. So just don't get too frisky, go nice and easy.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That's great, Xue.

But you know what one of the Yin/Yang segments of long time Martial Artists is? We give pretty good advice to students....and sometimes don't take it ourselves. So just don't get too frisky, go nice and easy.

In my youth, I learned the hard way to listen to the docs....slow and steady wins the race in this case

However, what is really sad about that statement is....I'm referring to my youth as my 30s and 40s

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In my youth, I learned the hard way to listen to the docs....slow and steady wins the race in this case

However, what is really sad about that statement is....I'm referring to my youth as my 30s and 40s
when all parts were original? Maybe now you can get matching serial numbers though!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope...can't even get that.....the serial numbers on the knee and the lenses in my eyes are not matching..... so even as an antique..... the price is reduced
well that stinks!
At least you will look pretty at the car show!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, I am pretty sure PT stands for Pain and Torture, not Physical Therapy ;)

Had another PT session today and yes it hurt, a lot, especially th forced straightening and the forced bending. I was also worked harder than usual, some strength and using the Recumbent bike to try and gain more flexibility. This is the first appointment where I felt there was noticeable gains. I was also told I should now be using 1 crutch not 2.

And now, I'm just going to sit here, with my knee wrapped in ice...while I enjoy cup of tea......

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, I am pretty sure PT stands for Pain and Torture, not Physical Therapy ;)

Had another PT session today and yes it hurt, a lot, especially th forced straightening and the forced bending. I was also worked harder than usual, some strength and using the Recumbent bike to try and gain more flexibility. This is the first appointment where I felt there was noticeable gains. I was also told I should now be using 1 crutch not 2.

And now, I'm just going to sit here, with my knee wrapped in ice...while I enjoy cup of tea......
The straightening and forced bending thing sure is a pain. I helped so many folks do that at PT I couldn't remember them all. But at least I made most of them laugh while they were hating me.

Gotta' straighten it, gotta' bend it. SO easy to say from here!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The straightening and forced bending thing sure is a pain. I helped so many folks do that at PT I couldn't remember them all. But at least I made most of them laugh while they were hating me.

Gotta' straighten it, gotta' bend it. SO easy to say from here!

I use a lot of humor during PT, I did the same thing post-op and pre-op. No reason to get upset or angry IMO, their job is tough enough. Besides, I spent a lot of years working in hospitals, grew up in a medical family, mother was an OR nurse, father was just about everything medical in the Navy and a civilian hospital administrator, heck my mother and father meant woking in the OR in the Navy....but with that said...... you work in PT huh....so I BLAME YOU!!!!! :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I use a lot of humor during PT, I did the same thing post-op and pre-op. No reason to get upset or angry IMO, their job is tough enough. Besides, I spent a lot of years working in hospitals, grew up in a medical family, mother was an OR nurse, father was just about everything medical in the Navy and a civilian hospital administrator, heck my mother and father meant woking in the OR in the Navy....but with that said...... you work in PT huh....so I BLAME YOU!!!!! :D
LMAO!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Another bit of PT info I received yesterday....that I now blame @Buka for :D

I wake up a lot at night, mostly due to pain in my knee.... due to this I get anywhere from 3 to 5 hours of sleep a night..... Physical Therapist told me...that is normal, for 10 to 18 weeks after surgery...... sooooo....I now only have 8 to 16 more weeks.... just keeps getting betterer and betterer....

But I did actually make it outside, all the way to my mailbox, which is up hill, and back to my house today...with only 1 crutch

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, sat down for usual meditation earlier today, and of course as can happen, bizarro thoughts and questions arise! I was also nodding off to sleep during it, waking up at 4am for a 5am online karate session, but anyway!

This question came out of nowhere, it was... what IS a month??? Not so much as in moon related, but how do we say what date is a 'month from now'? Is it 4 weeks from today's date (which is not really a month)? Is it the same day next month (eg 27th of June, a month forward is 27th of July), in which the length of a month is then very different from month to month?? We often say we'll do something 'in a month's time', but it just baffled me in the moment! We can't really use 'month' as a solid measurement of time, as it's a moon to moon thing!

Arrrgh, maybe this was a koan arising to trip me up!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, sat down for usual meditation earlier today, and of course as can happen, bizarro thoughts and questions arise! I was also nodding off to sleep during it, waking up at 4am for a 5am online karate session, but anyway!

This question came out of nowhere, it was... what IS a month??? Not so much as in moon related, but how do we say what date is a 'month from now'? Is it 4 weeks from today's date (which is not really a month)? Is it the same day next month (eg 27th of June, a month forward is 27th of July), in which the length of a month is then very different from month to month?? We often say we'll do something 'in a month's time', but it just baffled me in the moment! We can't really use 'month' as a solid measurement of time, as it's a moon to moon thing!

Arrrgh, maybe this was a koan arising to trip me up!
Depends on if they specify lunar month or calendar month. If they specify lunar month, then it's the next day that the moon is at that exact phase; aka 4 weeks from now. If it's a calendar month it's the next time the calendar hits that day. If no one specifies, the default is calendar month since we mostly think calendar, not lunar cycles.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here’s your lunar month.

Three nights ago, rising over Haleakala.

Attachments

• A3E5522C-C151-441F-85E5-A82CC09FD8B5.png
    A3E5522C-C151-441F-85E5-A82CC09FD8B5.png
    66 KB · Views: 48

Latest Discussions