Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There is 1 user n my department that the mere mention of his name will get me angry..... he has cost the department TENS THOUSANDS in damaged IT equipment... that he abuses...... I have one of his half broken laptops on my desk and I told him and everyone else that he works for....I absolutely refuse to work on any of his IT equipment without completely wiping and starting from scratch.....because he freaking abuses everything and changes setting, and accounts, he should leave the heck alone...... So after telling them I don't give a darn about any of the files he has saved....I was given the laptop to fix....... I am reinstalling the OS....its a Mac..... but. you know what.... he broke the screen....because I can see where he has been picking it up with a thumb on the screen...... whole bottom right corner is black...... .I need to not see him, or hear his name, for a few days.......

Note: when having this conversation with them......I didn't say freaking, darn or heck......

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmm since when did Martial Talk start sending emails about the new topics lol. It worked I guess because here I am.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm since when did Martial Talk start sending emails about the new topics lol. It worked I guess because here I am.
I noticed that too. They recently updated the site so I'm guessing email subscription options went back to the default. Nice to see you again though! (This is kempodisciple, had a name change on here a couple years ago since I no longer practice kempo). Can't recall if the name change was before or after your last visit here.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I noticed that too. They recently updated the site so I'm guessing email subscription options went back to the default. Nice to see you again though! (This is kempodisciple, had a name change on here a couple years ago since I no longer practice kempo). Can't recall if the name change was before or after your last visit here.
No name change is new to me. I hope all is well with you and yours. I keep meaning to stop by from time to time and I just always forget. Got the email today and clocked on it.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A general psa since this is apparently affecting a ton of companies. If you're having issues with outlook today and not being able to write/see emails, just go to the web version. That's supposed to be working fine.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Hey! Good to see you, you old dog! Hope all is well with you and yours. :)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey! Good to see you, you old dog! Hope all is well with you and yours. :)
It's been a very crazy last 6 months. My wife was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in Oct of 2020 a year to the day her brother died of the same thing. So she's been battling that and working the plan. Thankfully her team of docs is really good. On the upside, however, my 2 daughters graduate High School in a few weeks. One is attending Texas Christian University and the other is joining the Air Force. My older Son is the 1st freshman in over 30 years to play on his Varsity Football team and already had a coach from a D1 school message his coach. So its been a crazy ride.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's been a very crazy last 6 months. My wife was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in Oct of 2020 a year to the day her brother died of the same thing. So she's been battling that and working the plan. Thankfully her team of docs is really good. On the upside, however, my 2 daughters graduate High School in a few weeks. One is attending Texas Christian University and the other is joining the Air Force. My older Son is the 1st freshman in over 30 years to play on his Varsity Football team and already had a coach from a D1 school message his coach. So its been a crazy ride.
Liking the upside, and sending my best wishes to your wife's health

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No name change is new to me. I hope all is well with you and yours. I keep meaning to stop by from time to time and I just always forget. Got the email today and clocked on it.
Lots of ups and dones but generally well. Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, and sending a prayer for your wife, and for your kids to do well after hs!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lots of ups and dones but generally well. Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, and sending a prayer for your wife, and for your kids to do well after hs!
Honestly as bad as it sounds her brother's passing was the best thing that could have happened to her. She has complained for years about issues with digestion and back pain. They always told her it was acid reflux or food allergies or random other issues. So when her brother passed she demanded a cancer screening and they told her no at first and that she didn't need one. But eventually, to shut her up they agreed and that's when they found it. If he hadn't have gotten it they would have never tested her and it would have been too late. Her brother went through the same thing they never thought he had cancer it was always celiac or arthritis in his back or some other excuse. When they finally tested him for cancer it was too late it had spread everywhere. He lasted less than 2 months from his diagnosis.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You wife will be in my thoughts and prayers, my brother. Seriously.

Great to hear about your kids! That's very cool.

How about you? Missing the job at all? My guess is no. I'l be going back later this month for the first time in over a year. I sure as hell don't want to.

The world sure did change in a big hurry these last couple years.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You wife will be in my thoughts and prayers, my brother. Seriously.

Great to hear about your kids! That's very cool.

How about you? Missing the job at all? My guess is no. I'l be going back later this month for the first time in over a year. I sure as hell don't want to.

The world sure did change in a big hurry these last couple years.
Im hanging in there. Dont miss the Job at all. I haven't been in my office since last March and there is no end in sight. We are trying to talk the boss into just going permanent work from home at this point. All I do now is host training sessions on zoom from my home office. Im trying to get them to let me travel to a few bigger conferences in Fla and Texas this summer so hopefully I can get back on the road soon my frequent flyer miles are dwindling from all the college visits the last 3 months lol

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That is a beautiful story. Sorry for your loss.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1620789230795.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearty wishes for the best with your wife. Glad to hear the family is doing well!

Latest Discussions