Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
PXL_20210425_231203338.jpg

Rained here today. Good day to bake a few loaves of bread and an apple pie. Picture is a cracked wheat sourdough boule. Not quite a perfect round but should be good with dinner: ribeyes, with leek and potatoes soup for dinner.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
just heard something completely, unassociated with any discussion currently going on here on MT, that I found interesting

Pluto is currently in the same place in its orbit around the sun today....as it was on April 26,1773....and that would be a completion of one orbit around the sun

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
View attachment 23801

Rained here today. Good day to bake a few loaves of bread and an apple pie. Picture is a cracked wheat sourdough boule. Not quite a perfect round but should be good with dinner: ribeyes, with leek and potatoes soup for dinner.

I made some vegan, wheat soda bread yesterday. Family must have liked it because it is over half gone.

Thinking about making a vegan soda bread with regular and wheat flour today...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I made some vegan, wheat soda bread yesterday. Family must have liked it because it is over half gone.

Sounds good. But you've got me curious... I've never thought about it before, but I think my bread is vegan. At least, I can't think of anything I put in it that isn't vegan, at least. Wheat flour, bread flour, sourdough starter, water, salt, a little avocado oil in the bowl. Am I missing something?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sounds good. But you've got me curious... I've never thought about it before, but I think my bread is vegan. At least, I can't think of anything I put in it that isn't vegan, at least. Wheat flour, bread flour, sourdough starter, water, salt, a little avocado oil in the bowl. Am I missing something?

I'm not a vegan, just saw the recipe and it looked good. But from what I am reading about your bread (and my favorite type of bread is sourdough). It looks vegan to me

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most bread is vegan unless you’re using milk, butter, or lard.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
View attachment 23801

I am currently smashing down Nutella, straight outta the jar... with a spoon. Same culinary difficulty and nutritional value I'm sure... ?
7ab1b9635879040dd6cc8dd6d225827c.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am currently smashing down Nutella, straight outta the jar... with a spoon. Same culinary difficulty and nutritional value I'm sure... ?
7ab1b9635879040dd6cc8dd6d225827c.jpg

One of the things I wowed to do when I grew up.
(I actually prefer it on a slice of buttered German bread)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And I forgot to add:
I am totally stoked.
my little Weedeater pushmower that has been neglected for (many) years cranked and ran like a charm yesterday. I only cleaned the sparkplug, fiddled with the throttle cable and put fresh gas in the tank.

I doubt a new one would do it though :p
I mean, this thing is over ten years old! It's been a few years since my lawn cutting guy fired me!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
After work today I'm installing a new garage door opener. After 16 years of listening to the one that was installed when we first bought this house screeching and wailing and using every inch of the 1/2 HP motor to open our standing two car garage door, I'm going top of the line! Dropped $250 on a 1 1/4 HP belt drive opener. If this thing isn't fast and quiet, I'm going to be very disappointed.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
After work today I'm installing a new garage door opener. After 16 years of listening to the one that was installed when we first bought this house screeching and wailing and using every inch of the 1/2 HP motor to open our standing two car garage door, I'm going top of the line! Dropped $250 on a 1 1/4 HP belt drive opener. If this thing isn't fast and quiet, I'm going to be very disappointed.
you didn't get one that has a backup battery?
and you stepped down in power?!

Latest Discussions