Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
My face is burnt like a piece of toast(sunburn). It kinda hurt a little yesterday too, but I'm too high and mighty to put anything on it.

Moving on... I heard a weird noise last night. I was walking to my room and heard the pretty distinctive sound of a chair being scooted. I looked in my dining room, but none of the chairs looked even remotely pushed. I think. I didn't actually look that hard at them. However for all tenses and purposes, I was paranoid. I armed myself with my wooden jian ,and had my trusty chihuahua Snowball by my side. Jack(doberman) wasn't concerned enough to get out of bed. Technically Snowball only came cause she follows me everywhere. I'm so paranoid at this point I look in every room of my house twice. Nothing was there of course.
Ahhh yep... I definitely get paranoid with noises, you're not the only one!

The other night I heard some noises outside, looked out there and saw that one of our wheely bins were gone! Am looking through every window with a torch... getting ready to defend my family haha... and... no. The bin was not gone. It was in between the two other bins. For some very strange reason I thought the bin with the maroon lid was closest to the window. Nnnnnope, always been in the middle XD

It felt like the scene at the start of a horror movie at the time. Like, who takes a bin?!? XD

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ahhh yep... I definitely get paranoid with noises, you're not the only one!

The other night I heard some noises outside, looked out there and saw that one of our wheely bins were gone! Am looking through every window with a torch... getting ready to defend my family haha... and... no. The bin was not gone. It was in between the two other bins. For some very strange reason I thought the bin with the maroon lid was closest to the window. Nnnnnope, always been in the middle XD

It felt like the scene at the start of a horror movie at the time. Like, who takes a bin?!? XD
What’s worse is when the animals all perk up to something you can’t hear.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Usually a case of 'You snooze, you lose'
I had a pair: The Beagle would run to the door, bark like mad, the Dalmatian would join in, continue barking, while the Beagle went back and jumped on the chair the Dal had been on.

Worked well on humans, too.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I kinda wish I'd have atleast gotten a reaction out of my dogs. My big dog couldn't be bothered to move a muscle, and my little dog only came along cause she follows me everywhere.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Usually a case of 'You snooze, you lose'
I had a pair: The Beagle would run to the door, bark like mad, the Dalmatian would join in, continue barking, while the Beagle went back and jumped on the chair the Dal had been on.

Worked well on humans, too.
My sister-in-law lives on one of our farms. She has 9 or 10 dogs (inside) from Great Dane to wiener dog, My truck is one of the few vehicles that can come up the 1/8 mile driveway and the dogs not go crazy. Her daughter got a blue healer abotu a year ago which is the oddest dog I think I have ever seen, but she is still pretty cool. She stays outside most of the time by choice. She will bark like crazy when I first come up and will not come to me. But when I get on the side by side and say lets get 'em up she jumps in and is ready to go. She is truly an "ankle biter" but has never caused any injury. Handy little scrapper.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
977cbef32154e7250930ebff34036a58.gif

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching a replay (obviously) of Ali-Frazier from '71. I'm stunned by how fast and light those heavyweights are... 6 ft or better, 200+ pounds, and they look like middleweight fighters today.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Watching a replay (obviously) of Ali-Frazier from '71. I'm stunned by how fast and light those heavyweights are... 6 ft or better, 200+ pounds, and they look like middleweight fighters today.

It was the golden era of boxing. So much fun to watch.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
We got new knives at work this week....A20201009_170449.jpg Microtech Ultratech. Great knife but now all you here around the office is Ca-chick, Ca-chick, Ca-chick....lol.

And don't sit a cup or plastic bottle near anyone unless you want a hole in it. Just a bunch of kids with a new toy...lol.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
We got new knives at work this week....AView attachment 23215 Microtech Ultratech. Great knife but now all you here around the office is Ca-chick, Ca-chick, Ca-chick....lol.

And don't sit a cup or plastic bottle near anyone unless you want a hole in it. Just a bunch of kids with a new toy...lol.

While At my work, a manufacturing facility , corporate has decided for worker injury and safety concerns , they want all plants to be " knife free" meaning even in the shipping department box cutters for card board are to be phased out.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Started a new hobby recently. Drinking whisky and scotch. I'm planning on making a bar out of an unused room in the house for party's and such. So far I've tried.
  • Red breast 12
  • Woodford reserve rye
  • Monkey shoulder original
  • Ardbeg 10
  • Laphroaig 10
  • Macallan 12 sherry cask
  • Glenfiddich 12
  • Crown royal ( because my grandfather was Canadian and drank it
  • A bourbon, knob creek
My entire life I never really drank. I was too busy in the dojo and also afraid my grandfathers native American DNA would kick in and become an alcoholic.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Started a new hobby recently. Drinking whisky and scotch. I'm planning on making a bar out of an unused room in the house for party's and such. So far I've tried.
  • Red breast 12
  • Woodford reserve rye
  • Monkey shoulder original
  • Ardbeg 10
  • Laphroaig 10
  • Macallan 12 sherry cask
  • Glenfiddich 12
  • Crown royal ( because my grandfather was Canadian and drank it
  • A bourbon, knob creek
My entire life I never really drank. I was too busy in the dojo and also afraid my grandfathers native American DNA would kick in and become an alcoholic.

In college, I lived with a guy whose dad owned a large steel company. People he did business with would send him all kinds of high end scotch, Irish whiskey, and bourbons....problem was he actually perferred cheap whiskey (weird, I know). So he would send all the good stuff to us. We cooked every night and high end whiskey on the rocks was our sipping drink while we cooked.

The good ole days...lol.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love the creative processes that goes into naming alcohol... It's like they take a few shots of the product, then throw two or three words together and boom! Throw it on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.