Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 22850

@simon, Tiger stripes will be tough, bro, good luck with that puppy.

Just started this one. Movies. I love movies.
I miss doing puzzles. 3 cats in the house means it's just impossible. Put a stack of mail on the table, and half of it is on the floor within an hour. Puzzles would just be terrorized.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I miss doing puzzles. 3 cats in the house means it's just impossible. Put a stack of mail on the table, and half of it is on the floor within an hour. Puzzles would just be terrorized.
Haha.. we don't have cats, but we do always do the puzzle on a puzzle mat we bought. That way if you need to move the puzzle, you can just easily roll it up, and unroll it later, completely intact!

No I am not sponsored nor paid to say this! Although I did used to sell these in the store at a previous job [emoji14]

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
OH and happy 10,000 posts for you @Buka !!! Should be a cake or gift of sorts!

And yes, I NOTICE THESE THINGS BUT I'M TOTALLY NOT WEIRD OR ANYTHING OK XD

Hiphip, hooray!
f2914dcfd81d68197d84807bc83ef4b9.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
After a quick workout, I made a Phyllo veggie pie this morning for brunch with a rib eye and Grey Goose cocktails.

View attachment 22847

View attachment 22848

Yeah, so much for that jigsaw puzzle I was working on. Cheers!
Looks delicious.

I made a traditional blotkake for Norwegian constitution day yesterday. Was great with a cup of strong coffee. And some aquavit to sip on. I posted some pictures on Facebook but they're too big as is to upload here.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I was last there about 6 years ago, I think. I don't have a memory of it 20 years ago, though I know I worked there briefly on some bank project (probably I didn't get to see any of the place in daylight back then).
I lived there as a kid, and the. A few times while in the air force (once in basic and then stationed at Kelly). Seemed a little smaller in the early 90s.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Haha.. we don't have cats, but we do always do the puzzle on a puzzle mat we bought. That way if you need to move the puzzle, you can just easily roll it up, and unroll it later, completely intact!

No I am not sponsored nor paid to say this! Although I did used to sell these in the store at a previous job [emoji14]
LOL, that won't work with cats.
they jump on the table and the puzzle goes kerbluey!

Had one I put together after an incident.
Missed on piece, dead center...
I have one rolled up, I don't think it survived, but I have not looked at it in a long while

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Looks delicious.

I made a traditional blotkake for Norwegian constitution day yesterday. Was great with a cup of strong coffee. And some aquavit to sip on. I posted some pictures on Facebook but they're too big as is to upload here.

I've only had blotkake once, and wouldn't have remembered the name of it had you not mentioned it.
It was delicious.

Happy belated Nasjonaldagen day, Steve!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I feel it, too, but it usually stops at the hassle of finding a box and going to the post office.
Which reminds me, I need to box up yarn my mom gave me money for....
I don't go to the post office. I use "Click-n-Ship". And we always have boxes stashed away. So, as long as the box fits into my mail box - it works!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My partner is getting tested for Covid tomorrow... she has some symptoms and now in Aus it's advised that if you have any mild cold symptoms you should get tested. Can't be at work until it comes back negative. She's sure it's just a cold, but see how we go..
Fingers, toes, and other appendages crossed.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have another new toy to play with! Serious business... Poi balls are pretty soft but hefty. I had to shorten the strings because they were too long for me - I kept hitting myself trying to do the basic over the head twirl. So... they aren't too bad as a discreet weapon of self-defense. "Sorry, officer, those are just some balls I dance with." ;)
Maria Kuroshchepova on TikTok

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a puzzle mat someplace. Unfortunately, two of the cats are unlikely to wait until we've left the table to start removing pieces. One rather deliberately throws things on the floor, while the other likes to lay right where stuff is, but prefers to move it out of the way before laying there.

Cats are assholes.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have another new toy to play with! Serious business... Poi balls are pretty soft but hefty. I had to shorten the strings because they were too long for me - I kept hitting myself trying to do the basic over the head twirl. So... they aren't too bad as a discreet weapon of self-defense. "Sorry, officer, those are just some balls I dance with." ;)
Maria Kuroshchepova on TikTok
Poi balls are the nunchaku of dance.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a puzzle mat someplace. Unfortunately, two of the cats are unlikely to wait until we've left the table to start removing pieces. One rather deliberately throws things on the floor, while the other likes to lay right where stuff is, but prefers to move it out of the way before laying there.

Cats are assholes.
There are some other descriptors I would also use for cats. Vile creatures but necessary out at the barns.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are some other descriptors I would also use for cats. Vile creatures but necessary out at the barns.
Our cats are thoroughly domesticated. We wait on them hand and foot while they spend time contemplating taking over the world. One of them is sitting in my lap purring as I type this.

Status
Not open for further replies.