Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What is your commitment to mending fences beyond simply stating that you miss me? I'm not asking you to beg for forgiveness. I just want to know that if I came back, would it be better this time around?

Is this a new policy? It didn't seem to be MT policy when I left...

Nobody can say that outright, with the exception of possibly you. I have learned the best/easiest way to avoid undesired content is to simply remove yourself from threads that are de-evolving. It is simply a choice a person has to make. By not doing so invites such content. I will use some posts from people from other countries as an example. Sometimes you can re-enter the same topic from a different angle (new thread) and have better results.
I countered another poster with the fact that I was/am the one willing to reach out and say I missed your being on this forum. That is factual. Your question is impossible to answer because I am not aware of anyone having total control over the content put on this forum. This is a good thing. The same is true for all other forums with the exception that this forum does have moderators. Are they or even should they intervene? That is subjective. However, when they do it is appropriate. Again, the bandwidth of the forums page is so wide, moderation is a tall order.
I can promise you this; as for me, when I am coming down on you hard it is for a positive reason. I know/knew it was hard for you to see in the moment, but that is part of the reason for any strong remarks. I am Not a win at any cost person. My goal is always to help. Am I sometimes coarse and short? That's perspective. Everybody's perspective changes if they are really living life.

I know that lately there has been a serious lack of actual MA content, something you were good at.
This also supports my belief that the forum category page is way too broad.

It would be good to see you back.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just to help you all get into the spirit...
79697021_2776385862383161_4206999532484952064_o.jpg

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
T'will be 44°C here tomorrow... (or 111.2°F for those strange folk)..

... buckle up! It still won't stop me from drinking hot coffee.
Yes sir, that is very, very hot. I hope it is a dry heat!
I am a believer in Not drinking very cold drinks in very hot weather. Just screws up the bodies thermostat.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T'will be 44°C here tomorrow... (or 111.2°F for those strange folk)..

... buckle up! It still won't stop me from drinking hot coffee.
We'll be something near 44F today. Which is something else in C. Can't be bothered to remember (or look up) what.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haven't got my family's Christmas presents yet... don't care. I'm doing that today! I like almost last minute Christmas shopping. Its almost as good as last minute Christmas shopping! I don't care for the cousins, the aunts, the uncles, or all those people too lazy to cook or contribute anything. An appetite with a side of sass and bad attitude isn't a side dish. I digress though. Exams are over. Done. Did. Finished. Complete! And the holidays are around the corner...

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Haven't got my family's Christmas presents yet... don't care. I'm doing that today! I like almost last minute Christmas shopping. Its almost as good as last minute Christmas shopping! I don't care for the cousins, the aunts, the uncles, or all those people too lazy to cook or contribute anything. An appetite with a side of sass and bad attitude isn't a side dish. I digress though. Exams are over. Done. Did. Finished. Complete! And the holidays are around the corner...

You are not last minute until you are shopping at the servo on Christmas morning.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It’s 79 here today, but it’s a chilly 79.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

No, really. There’s no sun, we’re socked in, it’s very windy - it’s been so windy here all our shooting qualifications had to be postponed until next year - and the wind is cool and damp.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last 2 weeks have been exhausting.

Prostitution sting last week followed by black belt testing and seminars last weekend followed by week long Enforcement Detail this week.

Now to get ready first Christmas.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So for the last two weeks ive watched my brother in law in Hospice struggle to stay alive or to die depending on the day from Cancer.
Im amazed at how long the body can hold on even when the mind has given up. He passed last night surrounded by his family. He was a young man mid 40s with 3 kids 2 still under the age of 13.
Cancer Blows

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
So for the last two weeks ive watched my brother in law in Hospice struggle to stay alive or to die depending on the day from Cancer.
Im amazed at how long the body can hold on even when the mind has given up. He passed last night surrounded by his family. He was a young man mid 40s with 3 kids 2 still under the age of 13.
Cancer Blows
So sorry to hear that mate... my thoughts are with you all, hope you are all okay and can all find love and support with each other.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cancer Blows
Yes it does.
Sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers tonight.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cancer Blows
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll have you and your family in my thoughts. It's tough watching someone you love go...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Cancer Blows

So sorry for your loss, Ballen. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions