Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had haircut today, first one for a while, took a good 3 inches off.

As it was landing in my lap I noticed it looked much greyer than when it was attached to my head...

Also came to the conclusion that if the top gets all that much thinner it won't be there any more, at which point it'll be clippers all over - a combover just isn't happening and I'm not going for the Friar Tuck look either.

Ho hum.
Hey, bald men are hot. Patrick Stewart. Yul Brynner. Go for it!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's been a while, and all I can say is - I am ready for this year to be over. There are days when it feels as if 2016 never ended. And, unlike people with cable, I don't have the comfort of "The Mandalorian" and the Baby Yoda. :(

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Before I get bashed by someone, I just figured out how to search for old content. Apparently typing a name in the search bar in the upper right of the screen does not work, but using the 'search forum' button does.
I did go back

This is a fruitless debate but here we go.

I am only talking About Skribs because that is the center of the conversation. It is rather silly to claim I talk about him/her a lot since this thread is the only place I am talking about him/her and it is only a scant amount of time. There is about 23 hours and 45 minutes left in each day.

As usual, there are semantics and presentation at play. You feel people should present their views and information a certain way. My background has conditioned me to be more direct and forthright. I imagine I have struggled with people who are too worried about being nice and never making a point as much some struggle with me being direct.

You feel bad for Skribs, I get it. Have you made an effort to help him/her through their feelings? I intentionally gave it some time and then have went out of my way to reach out in a way I thought was appropriate. Furthermore, I did this half expecting exactly these kinds of response. I have no issue with saying I was strong in some of my responses, but don't kid yourself into thinking Skribs was singled out in any way. Myself and others talk the same way to everyone.

How is it arrogant to continue to try and help someone, especially when they are making it really hard. We lost a close family member last week largely due to hard living and foolish choices. He had similar tendencies of not listening to anyone's advise, even when there was a mountain of evidence in front of him. Now I certainly hope this is in no way similar to Skribs lifestyle but the tendencies are similar. Again, he IS the topic, hence the name being used frequently.

By your own admission, there are conversation/interrogation skills that you do not understand. It is not like Skribs had committed a crime and then had to run from the law or some such.

Your line of reasoning is silly, and yes that was me being nice.

So we are back at the same impasse where we started. This has trended way off the original point of me even mentioning Skribs. My original comment that I miss his presence still stands.
It is fruitless for you and I to bat around appropriate forum wording. A Lot of people on this and every other forum have been scolded for their comments and had to reel them in. Along this line, Skribs was never willing to see that maybe there was something to what Many other people were try to say and instead continued to keep pushing the dialect. That is simply a form of self abuse when; you don't like getting piled on, however you keep posting in a manner that is going to get you piled on, subsequently getting your feelings hurt because you thought people were mean. The value of just shutting up and listening to what everyone else is saying sometimes is priceless.
Dude. You're projecting a lot here that just further makes my point . For example, I don't feel bad for @skribs. He's an adult. I'm sure he's fine.

The comments I have made have been entirely around your seeming inability to see that you were central to his leaving. It's like cutting off your finger and saying later, "I sure do miss that finger. If only it hadn't mysteriously left my hand."

If you think I'm advocating for safe spaces or anything do with words folks use, you're missing the point completely. Rather, I'm just talking about simple cause and effect, and your lack of accountability in it. As in, he said if you kept it up that he would leave. You chose to keep it up. He left. That you miss him without acknowledging your role in his departure is noteworthy.

You're getting frustrated, but remember, I'm just doing for you what you did for @skribs.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's been a while, and all I can say is - I am ready for this year to be over. There are days when it feels as if 2016 never ended. And, unlike people with cable, I don't have the comfort of "The Mandalorian" and the Baby Yoda. :(
Baby Yoda is cute but Mandolorian needs to get better. The last few episodes are not great and it seems like the characters are getting flatter and more superficial, and plot is nonexistent.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, bald men are hot. Patrick Stewart. Yul Brynner. Go for it!

While it's still worthy of being called hair it can stay.

I'm not going to cling to leftovers in a deluded fashion though...

2cd149c216a69745a6ea9e8808fe8bc0.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a kumbaya old fool....lie that would be anything new...@Skribs, when you and @Xue were here it was kinda like this....

light.png

And now it's kinda like this....

NoLight.PNG

I'll go sing some more kumbaya now.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
"So guys let's try to get everyone at training tonight in gi so we can all get together before Christmas. So it is really important everyone turns up"

Yep that means we are grading tonight.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had haircut today, first one for a while, took a good 3 inches off.

As it was landing in my lap I noticed it looked much greyer than when it was attached to my head...

Also came to the conclusion that if the top gets all that much thinner it won't be there any more, at which point it'll be clippers all over - a combover just isn't happening and I'm not going for the Friar Tuck look either.

Ho hum.

Reactions: pdg

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Before I get bashed by someone, I just figured out how to search for old content. Apparently typing a name in the search bar in the upper right of the screen does not work, but using the 'search forum' button does.
I did go back

This is a fruitless debate but here we go.

I am only talking About Skribs because that is the center of the conversation. It is rather silly to claim I talk about him/her a lot since this thread is the only place I am talking about him/her and it is only a scant amount of time. There is about 23 hours and 45 minutes left in each day.

As usual, there are semantics and presentation at play. You feel people should present their views and information a certain way. My background has conditioned me to be more direct and forthright. I imagine I have struggled with people who are too worried about being nice and never making a point as much some struggle with me being direct.

You feel bad for Skribs, I get it. Have you made an effort to help him/her through their feelings? I intentionally gave it some time and then have went out of my way to reach out in a way I thought was appropriate. Furthermore, I did this half expecting exactly these kinds of response. I have no issue with saying I was strong in some of my responses, but don't kid yourself into thinking Skribs was singled out in any way. Myself and others talk the same way to everyone.

How is it arrogant to continue to try and help someone, especially when they are making it really hard. We lost a close family member last week largely due to hard living and foolish choices. He had similar tendencies of not listening to anyone's advise, even when there was a mountain of evidence in front of him. Now I certainly hope this is in no way similar to Skribs lifestyle but the tendencies are similar. Again, he IS the topic, hence the name being used frequently.

By your own admission, there are conversation/interrogation skills that you do not understand. It is not like Skribs had committed a crime and then had to run from the law or some such.

Your line of reasoning is silly, and yes that was me being nice.

So we are back at the same impasse where we started. This has trended way off the original point of me even mentioning Skribs. My original comment that I miss his presence still stands.
It is fruitless for you and I to bat around appropriate forum wording. A Lot of people on this and every other forum have been scolded for their comments and had to reel them in. Along this line, Skribs was never willing to see that maybe there was something to what Many other people were try to say and instead continued to keep pushing the dialect. That is simply a form of self abuse when; you don't like getting piled on, however you keep posting in a manner that is going to get you piled on, subsequently getting your feelings hurt because you thought people were mean. The value of just shutting up and listening to what everyone else is saying sometimes is priceless.

Actually, @Steve is the only person that I feel has done anything. What he did was validate my feelings instead of belittling me for having them. You don't have to agree with them or the way I handle them, but to just toss it out as unimportant because nobody else thought it was important was the problem.

It was something that was important to me, even if it wasn't important to anyone else (or if it was important, it was important in the other direction). But everyone in the thread didn't treat it like that. They tried to make me feel like my opinion mattered less because nobody cares. That was the jist of the argument that made me leave.

Steve is the only guy I've seen since that recognized that I felt strongly about the issue, and that the pushback I got felt more personal than a difference of opinion. Nobody in that thread tried to understand it from my perspective. Nobody seemed to care when someone went out of his way to bully me (by doing to me what I said I consider offensive). Everyone was so concerned with proving me wrong, nobody even bothered to see it from my perspective.
(Actually there are a couple of people in there that absolutely believe it was personal, and they egged it on in order to get rid of me).

Steve, whether or not he agrees with me, whether or not he cares about me, at least sees what went wrong in that thread and how I was treated.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dude. You're projecting a lot here that just further makes my point . For example, I don't feel bad for @skribs. He's an adult. I'm sure he's fine.

The comments I have made have been entirely around your seeming inability to see that you were central to his leaving. It's like cutting off your finger and saying later, "I sure do miss that finger. If only it hadn't mysteriously left my hand."

If you think I'm advocating for safe spaces or anything do with words folks use, you're missing the point completely. Rather, I'm just talking about simple cause and effect, and your lack of accountability in it. As in, he said if you kept it up that he would leave. You chose to keep it up. He left. That you miss him without acknowledging your role in his departure is noteworthy.

You're getting frustrated, but remember, I'm just doing for you what you did for @skribs.
Dude... hilarious, truly hilarious. Baiting me never works. I acknowledged, you refuse to accept it. I am the one who initiated the comment in attempt to mend fences for everyone involved.
If you want me to get on my knees and beg forgiveness, I assure you it is a waste of time. I did nothing anyone should feel sorry for.
You just refuse to acknowledge my intent was different from what you think. Which is what? That I guilted myself into making the comment? Seriously, that is egotistical on your part.

What your intent is has gotten vague but, in the spirit of this conversation, 'ouch, you are hurting my feelings; I wish you would go home and leave me alone'.
Really, aren't we more adult that this?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Dude... hilarious, truly hilarious. Baiting me never works. I acknowledged, you refuse to accept it. I am the one who initiated the comment in attempt to mend fences for everyone involved.
If you want me to get on my knees and beg forgiveness, I assure you it is a waste of time. I did nothing anyone should feel sorry for.
You just refuse to acknowledge my intent was different from what you think. Which is what? That I guilted myself into making the comment? Seriously, that is egotistical on your part.

What your intent is has gotten vague but, in the spirit of this conversation, 'ouch, you are hurting my feelings; I wish you would go home and leave me alone'.
Really, aren't we more adult that this?
oh brother. I don’t think you posted anything out of guilt. That would suggest you’re self aware enough to feel guilty.

I don’t expect or want you to do anything, certainly not to beg for anything.

My intent is the same as always. If you would listen, and not just hear, I’ve been pretty direct.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
While it's still worthy of being called hair it can stay.

I'm not going to cling to leftovers in a deluded fashion though...

View attachment 22607
Shaving my head was the best thing I did. I only go to the barber now for a beard trim, and an occasional head shave (which my wife calls my spa day)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hear ya AH.... absolutely feel the same. Here's to change and a fresh renewed year for us all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.