Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haven't been there yet. I am a closet welsh kid though.
That particular friendship is one of the most remarkable in my life. We've never met in person, however, she is like my sister from another mother, and we'd published a series of books together, collaborated on some interviews, and I regularly contribute to her web site.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
boo-monsters-inc-large.jpg

2ea705e4071669c9d8c1d4b0c3d571e8--funny-qoutes-tatty-teddy.jpg

the top one was the reply to the picture on Facebook.
Besides...5'4" isn't all that short. I am 5'5", and under certain circumstances I am the tall one.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@granfire, your new avatar (the white rose) confuses me. When I see the thumbnail of it in my alerts list, I always think it's someone with a bag over their head, like someone about to be hanged.

I'm pretty sure that says something very not good about me.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
@granfire, your new avatar (the white rose) confuses me. When I see the thumbnail of it in my alerts list, I always think it's someone with a bag over their head, like someone about to be hanged.

I'm pretty sure that says something very not good about me.
It's the times.
The White Rose and your feelings, which kind of mesh. It gets political from here though

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I want to visit a friend in Wales - she makes fabulous trifle. Every time she posts pictures on Facebook, I just want to climb into that trifle bowl and live there.
Didn’t get to Wales, though that is definitely on the list for next time. We ranged all over England, and spent a few days in Scotland. Was an amazing trip. Celebrating my 25th anniversary.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Didn’t get to Wales, though that is definitely on the list for next time. We ranged all over England, and spent a few days in Scotland. Was an amazing trip. Celebrating my 25th anniversary.
yours?
what did you do for 25 years, deserving a trip like this?
Oh, you mean the wife has been putting up with you for 25....:D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Besides...5'4" isn't all that short. I am 5'5", and under certain circumstances I am the tall one.

You've both got my fiancee beat. She's 4'10" I believe

The way I look at it has always been - as long as your feet reach the ground you’re tall enough.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
At her tallest, my mom was almost 4'9". She's in her late 60's, so probably shorter than that now.
We do shrink as we get older. I'm 2" shorter at my last doctors visit. This must be part of the life cycle as we slowly disappear. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't understand why "petite" clothing size is 5' 4" and shorter. I am 5' even - and I have to hem petite clothes all the time, especially the pants.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't understand why "petite" clothing size is 5' 4" and shorter. I am 5' even - and I have to hem petite clothes all the time, especially the pants.
don't feel bad! Nobody understands the sizing of women's clothing. Not even the manufacturers. On the other hand I usually have to choose 'long' in pants, or I look as if I am expecting a flood.
Now that I am fat enough, shopping in the guy section is easier. just waist and inseam (they ought to have 31 inseam more often though, 30 gets too short after several wash cycles. and I am not quite a 32)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ohh, I am DYING to go. I have so many friends there - in London, out further in the sticks, in Wales, in Ireland.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You've both got my fiancee beat. She's 4'10" I believe
My mom was 4' 11". In metric that translates to 1 meter 49 centimeters or thereabouts. Her nickname was "chekushka", which is a slang word for a quarter gallon of vodka, which, at the time, cost 1 rouble 49 kopecks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions