Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I suppose you are not at home, but I found an air horn works wonders (so much so that mine is always MIA :D )

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like using air horns on phone calls but... air horns are nice but air horn and a megaphone now thats something special:)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to be not very deep, and kind of flat. I have seen several images before, had no idea that it was an art instalation. (It looks like you could almost snorkle down there...)

It's a flat sandy area, about 40' deep. If it were anything other than a flat sandy area, dropping a bunch of concrete blocks on it would have been inappropriate.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then rise and shine, and be happy! :)

From a friends Facebook: a friend of hers is asking for money (in a round about way) to go to Germany on a mission trip.....I am kind of torn, knowing that the country has a lot of churches....

Why do people think they need to push religion on their fellow man?!
Or why are they so - uh - conceded to think that their brand needs to be spread?!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

From a friends Facebook: a friend of hers is asking for money (in a round about way) to go to Germany on a mission trip.....I am kind of torn, knowing that the country has a lot of churches....

Or why are they so - uh - conceded to think that their brand needs to be spread?!

Had an interesting discussion with a Buddhist that other day who was talking about meditators and non-meditators but referring to non-meditators as "ordinary people"...... and mediators as above that...... interesting elitist concept....coming form a Buddhist

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had an interesting discussion with a Buddhist that other day who was talking about meditators and non-meditators but referring to non-meditators as "ordinary people"...... and mediators as above that...... interesting elitist concept....coming form a Buddhist

But he wasn't going to try to convert non-meditators....

We are talking about somebody going to a country that has churches older than this one, one in every village (and incidentally in an area I believe to be heavily catholic) to help build churches.
Now, I grant you, more and more people are moving away from church, but it does have something to do with how the organization functions and the level of education and personal enlightenment the people experience.

The constant barrage of 'you need Jesus in your life' on Facebook would get you the hairy eyeball over there!

Shai Hulud

Purple Belt
Reaction score

We always like to think we're better than others?

Back in Wales I'd have all sorts of evangelicals knocking on my front door at least once a month. Since moving I've had little more disturbance. Everyone's East Orthodox here.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
But he wasn't going to try to convert non-meditators....

We are talking about somebody going to a country that has churches older than this one, one in every village (and incidentally in an area I believe to be heavily catholic) to help build churches.
Now, I grant you, more and more people are moving away from church, but it does have something to do with how the organization functions and the level of education and personal enlightenment the people experience.

The constant barrage of 'you need Jesus in your life' on Facebook would get you the hairy eyeball over there!

The irony of this is that Europeans came here to convert the American Indians and now they are going back to convert the Europeans from wince they came

I get latter day saints at my door all the time..... tell them my house is mostly Buddhist (I'm not) and they still want to leave their literature for me to read and to come back and discuss it....they use to show up once a month, but I have not seem them now for over a year...so they're due

Shai Hulud

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The irony of this is that Europeans came here to convert the American Indians and now they are going back to convert the Europeans from wince they came

I get latter day saints at my door all the time..... tell them my house is mostly Buddhist (I'm not) and they still want to leave their literature for me to read and to come back and discuss it....they use to show up once a month, but I have not seem them now for over a year...so they're due
A cheery way to answer the door next time they come around.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This is rather applicable to my day..... since yesterday and as far as I can see from here on out...They call it "IT transformation" :rolleyes:

It’s not my job to drive the train,
The whistle I can’t blow.
It’s not my job to say how far
The train’s allowed to go.
It’s not my job to blow the horn,
Nor even clang the bell.
But let the damn thing jump the track
And see who catches hell.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A Haiku or two

get off the tracks now
having been marginalized
I can't stop the train

I can't stop the train
why should I stay on the tracks
time to go for tea

meetings over

I'm off to enjoy this brief respite from the cold and get a cup of Jasmine white tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions