Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh sure and NYS is just a fly over.....sheesh man, I say I'm going to Boston and you move to Hawaii and now you go back to Boston when you know I will be safely in NYS...... I'll have you know....I'm beginning to take this personally.....:D

If I were you I'd come to Maui and seriously kick my ****. No wait, if I were you I'd be kicking my own...

Now I'm all confused. I better take the rest of the day off. Thanks, Xue!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago watched a Kung Fu Theater movie where at the very beginning this woman gets darted in both eyes and is blinded....she surprised...the bad guy at the end of the film when she took off the bandages and her eyes were all better...and she then proceeded to pummel and eventually kill the bad guy....

Possible, depending on the amount of damage (I'm going to assume not much, since you said darts) and the skill of the surgeon. Open globe injuries are bad, and there is a significant chance they will lead to blindness, but it's not a forgone conclusion.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd come to Maui and seriously kick my ****. No wait, if I were you I'd be kicking my own...

If I come to Maui, will you go diving with me so we can spar about 60' under?

I got bored on Bonaire a few years ago, waiting for one of our dive team to get in the water and started doing forms at about 40'. Naturally, Sue filmed it, to prove that I'm a dork.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or the hero who chases the bad guy across rooftops, up and down ladders, etc. for 10 minutes, gun out... and racks the slide to chamber a round only when he gets to the end of the chase...
The Hobbit has gotten used to me mumbling (at the theater) or yelling (at home) at the screen when stupid gun stuff happens.

::grumble::

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
When you know the reality behind some movies and tv...

Yeah, takes the fun out of it.

Like the PI who's knocked out 3 times every day... and 5 on Sunday... and isn't a drooling idiot wondering what shoes are, let alone tying them...

Or the hero who chases the bad guy across rooftops, up and down ladders, etc. for 10 minutes, gun out... and racks the slide to chamber a round only when he gets to the end of the chase...
The Indiana Jones solution from "Raiders of the lost Ark" is the most realistic one... as is the reason behind it. Apparently, they were going to have one of those big stupid elaborate movie fight scenes. But Harrison Ford was really sick that day. So... he opted to just walk out, stare at the dude with the swords, and shoot him.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If I come to Maui, will you go diving with me so we can spar about 60' under?

I got bored on Bonaire a few years ago, waiting for one of our dive team to get in the water and started doing forms at about 40'. Naturally, Sue filmed it, to prove that I'm a dork.

Good God no! I don't really do water. Although, yesterday we went to the beach and I actually dunked twice.

The film of the underwater Kata is awesome, dude. And I can picure one fish communicating with another..."I saw the oddest thing today..."

But if/when you do come to Maui I will cook for you, all kinds of good stuff. And show you around, of course. But you'll need to read the map, I frequently get lost. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good God no! I don't really do water. Although, yesterday we went to the beach and I actually dunked twice.

The film of the underwater Kata is awesome, dude. And I can picure one fish communicating with another..."I saw the oddest thing today..."

But if/when you do come to Maui I will cook for you, all kinds of good stuff. And show you around, of course. But you'll need to read the map, I frequently get lost. :)
You don't do water? You ARE aware you reside on an island, right? A small land mass surrounded by water?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Hawaii has been discussed as a vacation destination..... and I know you're on Maui..... why do you think I'm training JKD again :D

Enjoy the day off....it never hurts to help

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Possible, depending on the amount of damage (I'm going to assume not much, since you said darts) and the skill of the surgeon. Open globe injuries are bad, and there is a significant chance they will lead to blindness, but it's not a forgone conclusion.

We're talking old China...there was no surgeon, and the darts were like this

588343f1ea306_biao2.JPG.c66b92c9cdbf0f7b70b0f3fa4ff557f4.JPG

Her eyes got better......

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
We went to see something pretty today - the fantastic Chihuly exhibit at the Biltmore Estate. If you are having a bad day, just think - someone somewhere in the world had created something like this and put it in a beautiful garden. And it exists.
37590448_1908335725854850_4193409349722308608_n.jpg

37414050_1908335565854866_7987594454124986368_n.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Me too!! We also work with chucks and swords! :)
I love swords. Of course, I realize - your own bare hands are always with you, can't be taken away by TSA, and don't need reloading. So, non-weapons work is important. But I love weapons because I am so short, and they increase my reach. And... because of the whole .... warrior lady kind of thing. Because I am romantic like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.