Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
So here's a video of some of the runs I made last Friday. A couple of them are against actual drag cars (one of which you can manages to lift one front tire off the ground) and show the difference between traction and HP. Traction wins off the line. HP wins at the end. Having both would be awesome.

Zoom-zoom...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Atlantic salmon is code for farmed salmon. Its pale, flavorless, and lacks a lot of what makes salmon good for you (natural omega oils, etc)

Look for wild caught, Alaskan salmon . No comparison, even if its been frozen . but fresh is better . :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So here's a video of some of the runs I made last Friday. A couple of them are against actual drag cars (one of which you can manages to lift one front tire off the ground) and show the difference between traction and HP. Traction wins off the line. HP wins at the end. Having both would be awesome.

They just hate seeing you show up...don't they :D

What was your average speed in the quarter?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't know that (about the cheap fish and Atlantic salmon). I am very non-discriminating when it comes to salmon - I've never had any until I came to the States. I really like smoked salmon - I make this little appetizer with rosemary Triscuits, cream cheese, and smoked salmon. @gpseymour usually picks up the dish and tries to run away with it. :)
She's quicker than she looks, folks.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Warm weather is finally here after an extended winter, and people are complaining about it.

I think that is the natural state of humans: to never be satisfied.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I always think of something Agent Smith said in THE MATRIX.

"Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a world where everyone was happy? It was a disaster. Entire crops were lost. Some believe we lacked the programming language to build your perfect world, but I believe that, as a species, human define their existence through misery and suffering."

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks like fun was had, man.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

That must be so much fun! :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
They just hate seeing you show up...don't they :D

What was your average speed in the quarter?

I ran 121-123 consistently that night. There were a couple outliers, when I'd get sideways and had to lift. I think my slowest was 113 MPH. On that run I spun all through 1st, got sideways in 2nd, and had to lift in both gears.

Looks like fun was had, man.

That must be so much fun! :)

I think it's a lot of fun. Thing is, if you enjoy bracket racing (I do not), you don't even need a fast car. Bracket racing is all about consistency. And it's much easier to be consistent in a Corolla than a Corvette. The light changes, you stomp the throttle. You'll never blow off the tires or anything.
It's not as much fun as diving, but I can't go diving here anyway. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Only if you have to scratch the package open...
And then there are those really mean ones that require you to cook it for 3 minutes, then turn it, then cook it another 2 minutes, then leave it stand for 1 minute... That's when things get complicated.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
And never will, either.
But, but, but.... why?...
giphy.gif

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And then there are those really mean ones that require you to cook it for 3 minutes, then turn it, then cook it another 2 minutes, then leave it stand for 1 minute... That's when things get complicated.

Forget it. I'll just order a pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions