Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the weekend, Mme K made a roast duck for company. She then made stock for me with the giblets, and I used that stock tonight to make a nice French onion soup - topped with a few dollars worth of gruyere and emmenthaler. Paired nicely with a Cabernet blend we bought from a local winery over the weekend.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Potential client in the DC area - looks promising for a few visits, maybe something beyond that. Might be able to catch up with MT folks in the DC area along the way.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
decided yesterday I wasn't going to do anything around the house anymore, with two people home 24/7.

raked the yard.....

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Potential client in the DC area - looks promising for a few visits, maybe something beyond that. Might be able to catch up with MT folks in the DC area along the way.

you need to come back to Raleigh and have pizza and beer with me

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Gunpowder green tea and

71-HzDWhn5L._SL1500_.jpg

Which in my opinion is much better than the Lindt 99%

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It seems some folks are longing for the good old days, when everyone here got along, people were respected, no one argued and all was right with the world. I’m pretty sure that version of the forum never existed.

In the words of the great Billy Joel, “You know the good ole days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.”

Living in the past or in the future makes it very hard to appreciate the present.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just miss the martial knowledge that was here. Were there arguments? yup. Where there trolls? Yup, but per capita there were fewer, and they did not last long. There were a lot of good people with a lot of knowledge that trained with some pretty impressive people and many have have gone.... that is all.... will it get better later? Possibly, but for the moment, IMO, it is worse than it use to be...and has been declining for awhile. but that is my opinion...others mileage may vary....

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
It seems some folks are longing for the good old days, when everyone here got along, people were respected, no one argued and all was right with the world. I’m pretty sure that version of the forum never existed.

In the words of the great Billy Joel, “You know the good ole days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.”

Living in the past or in the future makes it very hard to appreciate the present.

Some of our disagreements are the reason I like you.

Everyone just agreeing would be boring.

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I, myself have not trained in almost 10 years now.
Damn, time flies when life sucks!

but yeah, a lot of knowledgeable folks have found other ways to express themselves.
or fell silent altogether.
I know the last decade ripped a hole in my little universe, with 2 prominent figures passing.
Other being squeezed out of 'the art'
Tumbler and twitter did the rest.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I just miss the martial knowledge that was here. Were there arguments? yup. Where there trolls? Yup, but per capita there were fewer, and they did not last long. There were a lot of good people with a lot of knowledge that trained with some pretty impressive people and many have have gone.... that is all.... will it get better later? Possibly, but for the moment, IMO, it is worse than it use to be...and has been declining for awhile. but that is my opinion...others mileage may vary....
And you’re entitled to it. I get it. But I encourage you to enjoy the spirited discussion. I miss some folks, too. Some of the folks I miss left because of some of the folks you miss (I hope that makes sense).

And also it’s a little humorous to me that guys who have been here for just a few years are acting like they know what things were like “in the good old days.”

Edit. I don’t mean you. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.