Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yes, it has been. That was not an easy choice to make, and she wasn't really doing anything bad or wrong. It was just a case of me having to know my own feelings. I felt like I wasn't as invested as her, and I didn't think it was fair to keep her tied to me if that was the way of things.
Over 25 years (24 married) I have felt the same. But I have never regretted working through it. Life ebbs and flows. The key isn't whether you have periods like this. Every relationship does. The key is whether your partner is worth the effort it will take to bring the flames back to life.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Taking a break from moving. Instead of taking things upstairs like I planned, I helped my mom straighten up and clean off her back porch. Not what I intended, but it was still work that needed to be done.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I missed two workouts from the Insanity: the Asylum Volume 2 program I was doing. Technically my last day of that program was yesterday, but I want to make up for the two days I missed.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... for the last week or so, everything has tasted "off." Last time I had this, it led to Bell's Palsy.

Wanna guess what I just got back from the doc's office to be diagnosed with? No, I'm not winking at you...

So, my wife is laid up having had a rotator cuff repair (tendon reattachment, and some bone removed from the shoulder for arthritis...) and I'm making funny faces.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... for the last week or so, everything has tasted "off." Last time I had this, it led to Bell's Palsy.

Wanna guess what I just got back from the doc's office to be diagnosed with? No, I'm not winking at you...

So, my wife is laid up having had a rotator cuff repair (tendon reattachment, and some bone removed from the shoulder for arthritis...) and I'm making funny faces.
No fun, man. That's usually a result of trauma of some sort to the nerves, IIRC. Is recurrence a normal thing for BP? (As for the winking, I bet you can't on that side! :p)

And tell your wife I empathize. I am just now getting over a fairly minor rotator cuff injury, and that was one of the more limiting experiences I've had in the last decade. I can only imagine what she's going through.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Oh man. Sorry to hear this.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Met with our financial planner today. He didn’t laugh... out loud... when I said I’d like to retire in about 10years. :)

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No fun, man. That's usually a result of trauma of some sort to the nerves, IIRC. Is recurrence a normal thing for BP? (As for the winking, I bet you can't on that side! :p)

And tell your wife I empathize. I am just now getting over a fairly minor rotator cuff injury, and that was one of the more limiting experiences I've had in the last decade. I can only imagine what she's going through.
Bell's Palsy is the result of inflammation or trauma or other issues with one of the facial nerves. It can be caused by some infections, or other stuff, or just yeah... Recurrence isn't uncommon, isn't super common... just is. Seldom permanent, on prednisone and doxycyclin for the moment to treat the inflammation and possible underlying infections like Lyme (because I'm not exactly a bad candidate for exposure to Lyme... and had the Lymetrix vaccine, too.) Mostly... it's annoying. Kind of like I took a good right hook square on my face -- without the bruising or trauma, just that numb/off feeling.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bell's Palsy is the result of inflammation or trauma or other issues with one of the facial nerves. It can be caused by some infections, or other stuff, or just yeah... Recurrence isn't uncommon, isn't super common... just is. Seldom permanent, on prednisone and doxycyclin for the moment to treat the inflammation and possible underlying infections like Lyme (because I'm not exactly a bad candidate for exposure to Lyme... and had the Lymetrix vaccine, too.) Mostly... it's annoying. Kind of like I took a good right hook square on my face -- without the bruising or trauma, just that numb/off feeling.
Well, I hope you get back to normal(ish) soon.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Acupuncture works well with Bell's Palsy

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Waiting on a new bed. Then heading to get the last of my belongings from the ex. She will be at work and her kids will be at school, but guess what? I was informed that her sister will be there until 11AM, and then her brother in law will be there after that.

So now I have to be supervised, like I am some kind of thief.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting on a new bed. Then heading to get the last of my belongings from the ex. She will be at work and her kids will be at school, but guess what? I was informed that her sister will be there until 11AM, and then her brother in law will be there after that.

People's family get defensive when a long-term relationship ends, and they often demonize the other party, even in amicable breakups. I went through some of that with my ex's sister, even though we remain friends to this day.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

Actually of you remove the emotions from it...it is the smart and rational thing to do, you would be smart to also bring someone with you as a witness so that no false accusations can be made.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually of you remove the emotions from it...it is the smart and rational thing to do, you would be smart to also bring someone with you as a witness so that no false accusations can be made.

Yeah, I guess I have to fight fire with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.