Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wednesday... and the weeks been a bit of a waste.

Went to work Monday, sudden pain in my right side. Vomiting. Yeah, came home. As vomiting got worse, made a doctor's appt and called work and said I won't be in tomorrow... Tuesday was basically dedicated to the doc. Then blood work, and a CT scan. At least I wasn't vomiting. End result? CT was clear for kidney stones, appendicitis, and everything else. A little blood in my urine, a very slightly elevated white blood cell count, and "keep an eye on things and go to the ER if it gets worse" with a follow-up appt next week.

Yeah...

Oh, and I'm dealing with car issues, too.

Get well, bro.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wednesday... and the weeks been a bit of a waste.

Went to work Monday, sudden pain in my right side. Vomiting. Yeah, came home. As vomiting got worse, made a doctor's appt and called work and said I won't be in tomorrow... Tuesday was basically dedicated to the doc. Then blood work, and a CT scan. At least I wasn't vomiting. End result? CT was clear for kidney stones, appendicitis, and everything else. A little blood in my urine, a very slightly elevated white blood cell count, and "keep an eye on things and go to the ER if it gets worse" with a follow-up appt next week.

Yeah...

Oh, and I'm dealing with car issues, too.
Well.
. Good luck with all that. Hope you get well soon!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doctor did a follow-up. Stress test was fine. Not a cardiac problem. I need to follow up with an appointment to discuss what might exactly be going on because I am definitely not imagining this pain.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Doctor did a follow-up. Stress test was fine. Not a cardiac problem. I need to follow up with an appointment to discuss what might exactly be going on because I am definitely not imagining this pain.

I hope all is ok.

I am not a doctor so take this for what it is worth. From December 25, 2015 to January 02, 2016 I was convinced I was having a heat attack. I had many of the signs, chest pain and discomfort and pain radiating down my arm. Turns out my heart was fine, but my stomach was not, bad case of acid reflux.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks. I will be going in soon to figure this out because I want to get back into exercise. I mean heavy duty stuff like P90X and Insanity.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have so many appointments coming up for my kids that will be gobbling up my vacation time that I have no idea when I can get in for my OWN appointment. Then again, since I am their parent and that makes my health important too, I guess you could say my appointment IS for them.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Follow-up to something I said on a different discussion, in relation to me trying to find a place to teach:

You know what's odd? There is a college willing to let me teach on campus, but I have to have insurance first. Every community center that I have called also wants me to have insurance.

Now here's the weird part: I have also called libraries that have meeting rooms large enough to conduct class in, and you know what? No request for proof of insurance. You'd think they would be worried about getting sued too.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Follow-up to something I said on a different discussion, in relation to me trying to find a place to teach:

You know what's odd? There is a college willing to let me teach on campus, but I have to have insurance first. Every community center that I have called also wants me to have insurance.

Now here's the weird part: I have also called libraries that have meeting rooms large enough to conduct class in, and you know what? No request for proof of insurance. You'd think they would be worried about getting sued too.

What about the YMCA and other MA schools in the area?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Work is done, it's almost midnight, the wind is howling but the stars are plentiful. I've been sitting in the carport, feet up on my wife's truck tire, sipping warmed Sambuka and eating lemon pound cake covered in fresh made whipped cream and strawberrys picked this afternoon.

It's great to be alive.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's 0430, Sue and I both came in extra to cover a staffing shortage.
Started the shift with a dead 25 year old.
It's not getting any better.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
What about the YMCA and other MA schools in the area?

YMCA wants you to have insurance. As for other martial arts schools, I have yet to find ones who have empty time in their schools so I could train some people in wing chun. Plus it is kind of intimidating to me to call a school up and say, "Hi, mind if I teach another style there?" It makes me feel like I might as well be saying, "Wanna run the risk of students from YOUR style seeing my stuff, and then wanting to study that instead? Thanks!"

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
YMCA wants you to have insurance. As for other martial arts schools, I have yet to find ones who have empty time in their schools so I could train some people in wing chun. Plus it is kind of intimidating to me to call a school up and say, "Hi, mind if I teach another style there?" It makes me feel like I might as well be saying, "Wanna run the risk of students from YOUR style seeing my stuff, and then wanting to study that instead? Thanks!"

As I mentioned before, I used to do that all the time. Would have loved to have had Wing Chun classes being taught in my old school. I think it would have benefited my students greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions