Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn near every cop in the US -- and probably a few other countries -- would repel the invasion. Probably unarmed. They could do a lot before something would happen... but not mess with our coffee!
I'm pretty sure they'd find themselves shouler-to-shoulder with every programmer and half the gamers.

I'm pretty sure they'd find themselves shouler-to-shoulder with every programmer and half the gamers.
Yep, that would be an invasion mistake right up there with getting involved in a land war in Asia or going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

I wrote a post on the health tips section about how mental health is the most neglected part of training. Oddly enough, I must have neglected the PHYSICAL aspect...specifically, warming up...because I had an intense pain explode in my right side (along the rib cage) on Saturday morning, and it is still difficult for me to move. I went to Urgent Care, and they told me for $25 what I already knew: pulled a muscle. Apply ice, take Ibuprofen, and rest.

And I just started doing 22 Minutes Hard Corps too. Ugh. She told me I could still exercise as long as I avoid the move that pulled the area, or anything else that might aggravate it, but that is pretty much EVERY EXERCISE. Hell, I even tried doing the cardio-only workout, and even just jumping jacks made it hurt.

Oh well. Minor setback. In a few days I will just start over again from day 1. I hurt myself on day 4, so it's not THAT much of a loss.

Staying home today. My sinuses are killing me and I have a sore throat.

I nearly called in myself due to this pain in my side. It really hurt that much, but I called in last Monday. I have only until February 8th in this position. I don't want to give myself a bad reputation if I have to come back to this title.

I nearly called in myself due to this pain in my side. It really hurt that much, but I called in last Monday. I have only until February 8th in this position. I don't want to give myself a bad reputation if I have to come back to this title.

I nearly called in as well, but my only reason was it was Monday and I really didn't want to deal with it

I'm heading to the doctor today, have to take a plane to get there.

My, what a healthy group we are!

I'm heading to the doctor today, have to take a plane to get there.

My, what a healthy group we are!

I have been applying an ice pack throughout the day. Then when it gets warm, throw it back in the freezer, wait, apply again, etc. The pain has subsided quite a bit.

Just got a report from my biggest client. Was only expecting a small check from them this month (and not much else). Turns out I have almost $4,000 coming for helping them close a deal with one of their clients. That'll help make up for some slow times.

Just got a report from my biggest client. Was only expecting a small check from them this month (and not much else). Turns out I have almost $4,000 coming for helping them close a deal with one of their clients. That'll help make up for some slow times.

Shoot, I wish I could get $4,000 from someone. One guy on Fiverr thought I was asking the world simply because I wanted $750 for a screenplay. I mean, do you know how much people get paid for screenplays usually? IN THE THOUSANDS!!!!

The most he was willing to do was $500. I said, "Sorry. Contact me when you have the budget to pay professional rates."

(Of course, he does not know that even $750 is far below professional rates, but oh well.)

Shoot, I wish I could get $4,000 from someone. One guy on Fiverr thought I was asking the world simply because I wanted $750 for a screenplay. I mean, do you know how much people get paid for screenplays usually? IN THE THOUSANDS!!!!

The most he was willing to do was $500. I said, "Sorry. Contact me when you have the budget to pay professional rates."

(Of course, he does not know that even $750 is far below professional rates, but oh well.)
That's a small commission compared to the overall sale - probably $80,000 I helped them close (they don't share those numbers with me). It doesn't happen as often as I wish it did.

That's a small commission compared to the overall sale - probably $80,000 I helped them close (they don't share those numbers with me). It doesn't happen as often as I wish it did.

But at least it does.

I need to break away from Fiverr and set up my OWN website with my OWN freelance rates. Do some advertising. Draw in people who will pay what I ask without much in the way of questioning or haggling. A little bit is okay...but when you are trying to tell me to reduce my rate by 25% or more...no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back